Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be working nicely for everyone, must be my BIOS reverting to an older revision that has killed my audio.

I have problems to update to 10.6.6. not bootable.
Can I restore system from time machine backups?

System build i7 930
x58A-ud3r
ATI5770.

well done ...via software updates , but :
1 restart hang on with death screen
2 restart halt booting GUI (blue background)
3 restart , then jump in to car to drive home , from home noticed that i can ssh to host , and after all , im able VNCin to my hackintosh :)
yay :headbang:

Used combo update, all seemed fine however notice that although I can sign in to the local store, this new appstore wont let me sign in get this message

MZFinance.NoGUIDTokenFailureKey_message

But I can sign in ok with my real macs.......

Any ideas?

Brgds.

Great :headbang:

Updated with OSX Software Update an evereythink is working :D

Audio, Lan, etc. Only change is the App Store in the Dock.

So, I went ahead and tried the 10.6.6 combo and the installer said it failed....so I decided to update within OSX and rebooted and nothing needed to be changed with my set up at all...no sort of kexts or rollbacks needed!

theDarkStranger said:
All worked for me. No issues at all. My big issue with the App Store is what if your machine crashes and the small chance Apple looses your purchases so now what? No CD or Install file to go back to.

Oh Well I'm just glad 10.6.6 installed without a hitch. Thanks tonymacx86 and community!

On Apples page it says it will keep track of previously purchased apps so if something happens and you need to start over, you may redownload the apps you've already purchased without being double charged.

Update through Software Update went off without a hitch!

(CustoMac Pro -- X58A UD3R, Radeon 5770, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back