Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ishige said:
joeysefika said:
Hey guys, I installed The 10.6.6 update form system update. Everything boots fine, the gfx is fine, (still booting at 1080p). But my keyboard and mouse have stopped working. Has anyone come across this issue before?
I have a strange issue with my PS2 keyboard and Mouse.
I use the voodooPS2 to activate the keyboard and mouse.
However, if I boot the system with -v -f, the mouse will not working.
It means the mouse will gone if you rebuilt the system cache.
(sometimes we need to do that if we change some kext)
If I shutdown the system and boot normally into system, the mouse will come back.

Did anyone have the same issue?
If you're running kernel 64bit then voodooPS2 will not work, you have to run at 32bit kernel or mode. Install keyboard and mouse manually and remove voodooP2 if you can't run 32bit.

Cheers,

Louis

Hi,
I installed on osx 10.6.6 the update to 10.6.7 after that I cannot load the system I receive a message that tell me to reboot, after the reboot the same.
What should I do?
Thanks, bye bye.

rockappalla said:
I funked up my system!
I've updated with the automatic update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6 and now i get a kernel panic,
"Version mismatch between kernel and CPU"...please help! i have a couple of Logic projects on the hard drive, i don't wanna lose them!
Why in hell did I choose to update? WHYYY? :banghead:

PLEASE HELP ME!! Is there a way to restore back to the previous version or make this work?
I've put a lot of hours of work into those songs in Logic!
Thanks in advance!

I had the same issue... if it still matters, my solution is as follows.

I booted into the system using the flag: pmVersion=0
This gave me the opportunity to start into OSX.

After I installed this Sleepenabler from kexts.com, I ran the kext utility and the system was fine.

Then I applied the 10.6.7, same issue. Only this time the system would not boot using the pmVersion=0 option, googled a bit and found out pmVersion=21 should work. And it did. So I editted the com.apple.Boot.plist and changed like below:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 pmVersion=21</string>

Hope this helps! My system is running fine now!

p.s. I have multiple systems here, this particular system has a Asus P7P55D-E mainboard.

WOOOHOOO thanks so much this was awesome took me awhile to figure out but have both of my gtx 460's installed. YAY :D

chamak said:
First my system configuration:
=======================
MotherBoard: Intel Original DG33FB
CPU: Core 2 Duo
Ram: 3GB
Sound: Hytech PCI sound card
Graphics: msi 9500gt
HDD: 500gb
Ethernet: Intel 825***
Monitor: Acer LCD 21 inch (Connected simple)

can anyone please tell me how to make my pc hackintosh and from where to download files that would be necessary to install mac on this pc thanks in advance and me noob in technical terms so please try to make it easy my mail address is [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back