Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has been updated successfully. But the SleepEnabler has causing KP, so I have to lost the sleeping function in my SL 10.6.6. Everything else is working fine.

My configuration is using EasyBeast and all non-DSDT stuffs in MultiBeast 2.6.3 (include the NV Enabler and RL1000). For the Chameleon, I have previously installed the Chameleon 2 RC5 (r693) from this site before the update.

Code:
http://www.kexts.com/view/783-chameleon_2_rc5_installer_r693.html

Well I did a fresh install since I never got up to 10.6.5 with my Radeon 4850. Config is on the side.

I did the following:

Booted with iBoot-GE. Kernel panic.
Switched to onboard graphics.
Booted with iBoot-GE again and it installed fine
Booted into SL with onboard graphics still and applied combo update, EasyBeast, VoodooHDA, Realtek driver, and TonyMacx86 graphics drivers.
Rebooted and switched to my GeForce
Was stuck at 1280x800
Reinstalled TonyMacx86 drivers again
Rebooted again
TADA!

So it wasn't QUITE as awesome as the guide but it was certainly good enough to get going PRETTY painlessly. iBoot+Multibeast is DA BOMB!!!!!

I'm playing Angry Birds now.

Use SU, no hassles.

Used combo update, all seemed fine however notice that although I can sign in to the local store, this new appstore wont let me sign in get this message

MZFinance.NoGUIDTokenFailureKey_message

But I can sign in ok with my real macs.......

Any ideas?

Brgds.

delete Library/Preferences/SystemConfigurations/NetworkInterfaces.plist
*note- or just move to other location if u need it again..

then restart

Installed using combo then used multi beast rebooted and everything worked fine but graphics :( but everything else worked fine, please help me get my Dell half mini 1520 pci-e card to work in OSX 10.6 its broadcom is 4313 thanks

Successful update to 10.6.6 via Software Update without any problems.

All Work Fine...

I upgraded to 10.6.6 from 10.6.5 (which was upgraded from 10.6.4) using the typical method: Open upgrade, open MultiBeast, install upgrade, install Apple HDA Audio rollback + Legacy HDAEnabler for ALC887, reboot. I did not install the IOUSB rollback because apparently H55 is supported.

No apparent problems. Sound is ok, USB works. QE/CI working.

Updated from 10.6.5 using Combo Updater on my baseline installation (set up with default Snow Leopard configuration + Gigabeast) I keep on an external USB hard disc.

• Booting: no problems (AsereBLN 1.1.9)[/*:m:rjv0mpja]
  • Ethernet/Internet: works![/*:m:rjv0mpja]
  • USB: works![/*:m:rjv0mpja]
  • Graphics Acceleration (QE): works![/*:m:rjv0mpja]
  • Firewire: works![/*:m:rjv0mpja]
  • Sound: works![/*:m:rjv0mpja]

So far so good. Will try it on my working installation later, so with hope, it won't conflict with the extra stuff I loaded on my machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back