Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 using software update. No problems at all everything worked great.

works perfect on my mini itx tonymac build :) just software update and 5 minutes later i have 10.6.6 NICE :D

cheers janosch

my diy airport card is not working anymore!? ethernet still works.

Update from Software Update to 10.6.6

Don´t boot, boot whit iboot and selected hdd, boot, but 5750 only show artifacts.

GA-h55n-usb3, core i5, ati 5750

When i found solution post new reply

My first try to update 10.6.6 did not work mainly because there was a glitch between my custom beast and I guess 10.6.6. System would hang on the opening apple screen. Reinstalled everything using Iboot, Multibeast 3.0 and 10.6.6 combo update. Nvidia Geforce 460 did not work and lost network and sound. Reinstalled network driver and sound card driver and all worked. Tried the tonymac nvidia update but the old version did not run under 10.6.6. Swapped my Nvidia Geforce 275 in and all worked fine. I see there is an update to the tonymac nvidia update which I will try.
Download a few apps.

Software update from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 worked fine on my GA-P55-USB3 (rev. 2.0) with F8 bios (haven't updated to F9 yet but will soon).

Sound (macman's unified realtek driver), graphics, network (lnx2mac), usb, all seems to work fine so far.

I haven't tried the App store, but reckon it's a good idea, other operating systems have had it for a while (at least for free programs), and there have been 3rd party solutions, but this is a proper solution - good for the user IMHO. Bad for some dealers I guess though. (I'm amazed there is still no app store for Windows)

Installed via Software update and everything seems to be fine....lost nothing. :D

Success!! Installed via software update, i had to delete extra folder and run again Multibeast with my custom settings and correct ATI5000controller.kext because i have ATI HD Radeon 5750.
All works fine (audio,mac store etc)

Thanks tonymacx86 and the forum!!

Hello can someone please give me some help.
!0.6.4 only problems I have ever had was getting the x1800XT to work. Works with the following kexts

EVOEnabler
ATIRadeonX1000
ATI1900Controller

I install the 10.6.6 combo and then roll back my usb with the multibeast.
Restart and everythings fine but my graphics have reverted back to 1024 res and acceleration lost. Basically how it did before I put the kexts in.

If I try to re'install these kexts I get an instant kernel crash and I can't boot back into the system.

Please advise.

Thank you.

I've updated to 10.6.6 via System Update with no visible issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back