Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Software Update Forum

Hey guys I just updated to 10.6.5 on my gateway DX4831 i3 and now my keyboard and mouse stopped working! I tried booting with iboot and same deal. Is there a fix for that? I have windows on my other partition can anyone help me please? I really don't want to install OSX again from scratch

zcreem wrote:
I have a kernel panic message

Version mismatch between CPU and whatever I screwed up changing the machine type in the plist settings of the boot, I have access to the drive through windows any ideas how to fix this one.

OK as this may help someone, I checked the kernel panic message using -s and say a warning to set pmVersion=0 if kernel panics, did it and it has booted to login, next step to fix permanently.

My update went fine, but I had to add pmVersion=0 to my com.apple.Boot.plist for now.
I will look at sleep enabler and nullPM kexts to see if that is the problem.

successful install combo update 10.6.5 only reinstall atheros9285.kext

Wait im a bit confused

i read that the 10.6.5 boots into 64-bit mode...would this cause a KP since im using the ATI 5770HD which needs to boot into 32-bit mode? :(

Successful albeit disastrous install of OS X 10.6.5. Partially my fault, partially mysterious. My fault part was because I tried to shift over to VoodooHDA and did not get rid of the HDAEnabler kexts completely, and forgot to tell MultiBeast to rebuilt cache and repair permissions. The other part, for some reason MultiBeast managed to crash the system during install. And after that the system went into a infinite reboot loop. Managed to snap it out by booting into safe mode, rebuild the cache and repair permissions.Also decided to not use VoodooHDA after all and went back to HDAEnabler with LegacyHDA and 10.6.2 AppleHDA rollback. Didn't need the IOUSBFamily rollback, apparently the H55 chipset is supported by the new IOUSBFamily.

Will the ATI HD 5770 run out of the box in 64bit when installing to 10.6.5 ? In combination with an GA-X58-UD3R ?

BerndVP said:
Will the ATI HD 5770 run out of the box in 64bit when installing to 10.6.5 ? In combination with an GA-X58-UD3R ?
You still need an enabler. For 64-bit there are a couple of experimental solutions.

As netkas mentions in his blog, they changed the 4850 framebuffers and they now work out of the box, previously you had to revert to the 10.6.2 ones. I verify this, after my install I was expecting to boot in safe mode to change the files but it booted and runs fine on that end.

However, I do get lower cinebench scores now. With the 10.6.2 framebuffers I was getting 30fps, now I get 28 and change. My geekbench seems also a bit lower so maybe that's the reason. It's not that important to me so I won't look much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back