Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, out of curiosity, how did you install Snow LEopard Server using iBoot and Multibeast? Did you do any special trick?

When I tried the iBoot + Multibeast standard procedure using my original Apple Snow Leopard Server dvd, the installation gets to a point where I think it checks the hardware and it tells me it cannot proceed further. I have a X58A-UD3r Motherboard with Intel i7, the cpu is supported by Snow Leopard Server I believe.

I can successfully run Snow Leopard client though, which leads me to assume the Apple Server edition should also install.

much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
After update I have problem with booting without iBoot CD. With CD it is OK
It shows:
Boot0: GPT
Boot0: testing
Boot0: error

So where is my problem?

My hw is the same as http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2010/10/ho ... asy-steps/

Im looking some owner of the same hw to help me to make some "step by step" instructions how to instal + update, use multibeast (what I can check there), instal kexts, enable USB 3.0, enable graphic card to work 100%. Im not power user Im a newbie. :)

Hi Guys, I too am having the same problem.
I've tried all versions of Chameleon but always get the 'Mac OS Version Not yet set kernel panic at boot up'.

I can boot from the old Iboot Supported disk though but not from the new Iboot. Does this give any clues? I'm new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Nvm, I was being a noob and installed all the drivers from the multibeast package

did a bit of googling kernel panics and found out i wasnt suppose to :/
deleted the kexts in safe mode and seems to run fine

Edit again: some trouble again, time to figure it out

Hi
i installed os x 10.6 successfully(iboot + multibeast) and updated it to 10.6.5 and ran mulitbeast-->easybeast method.

everything is working fine except i cant put the computer to sleep and i cant shutdown the computer. Each time i click on shutdown the computer fully powers off but in a few seconds it comes back again.

I am a NOOB in os x so PLEASE HELP to solve this problem.

Specs:
Processor: Core i3 540
Motherboard: Intel DH55PJ
RAM: G.Skill 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz
VGA: Asus Nvidia 9400GT

I installed this update, and my graphics went bananas.
The computer seems to turn on just fine.
But I can't see ****. There is just some random colors etc :/

But hey, thats my luck. haha

5650 graphic card

Safe mode won't work :/

Updated without multibeast now my keyboard wont type at all. Cannot log in and mouse doesn't click.... Not good, need to do a project thats due TOMORROW. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back