Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
total fail on my x58a-ud3r FB. update and then got kernel panic and now it won't boot at all in any of safe mode or normal mode. gives me an excuse to reinstall

After reboot my resolution was smaller and it wasn't detecting my 480.

All i did was replace the Open GL + CL folders and reinstall all the 480 kexts. Hey presto.

One thing i have noticed is that it has turned v-sync on.

SUCH EPIC WIN

My experience:

I update sucessfully with combo update and multibeast for usb issue,
but at reboot my nvidia cuda preference required an update ( asus engtx285)
and the system don't recognise my usb sticks, I solved this replacing my iousbmassstorage kext whit the old one (10.6.4)

Thank you for your work

Edo

I have a kernel panic message

Version mismatch between CPU and whatever I screwed up changing the machine type in the plist settings of the boot, I have access to the drive through windows any ideas how to fix this one.

Any GA-G31M-ES2L updates to 10.6.5 yet? I spent a lot of time getting this box running with Logic etc. It's my only DAW now so I want to be careful with it. If no one answers, I'll probably reboot and try it on my non SSD drive and see how it goes. Thanks. -Mike

Attachments

• dvd.png
    dvd.png
    798.8 KB · Views: 126
zcreem said:
I have a kernel panic message

Version mismatch between CPU and whatever I screwed up changing the machine type in the plist settings of the boot, I have access to the drive through windows any ideas how to fix this one.

OK as this may help someone, I checked the kernel panic message using -s and say a warning to set pmVersion=0 if kernel panics, did it and it has booted to login, next step to fix permanently.

mortuk said:
If you're doing a fresh install do you need to install 10.6.4 first.?

Or can you go straight for 10.6.5 after the retail disk.?

You can just go straight fro the 10.6.5 combo update, then run multibeast.

You don't need to run the snow leopard graphic update.

hello everyone.. imdoing a fresh install. does anybody knows something about sleep enabler ?? will the sleepenabler that ive used with 10.6.4. give me kelner panic on 10.6.5??? thnaks a lot !

iWingzero said:
After reboot my resolution was smaller and it wasn't detecting my 480.

All i did was replace the Open GL + CL folders and reinstall all the 480 kexts. Hey presto.

One thing i have noticed is that it has turned v-sync on.

SUCH EPIC WIN

So you're no longer getting any screen tearing while gaming or watching videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back