Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shremi said:
Does anyone got a link for the combo update???

It will probably be here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#macosx106
when finally released. Right now it is only officially available via software update. Keep in mind that 99% of the users that 'need' the combo update are IT users for organizations with multiple machines to update and they aren't going to rush into a batch upgrade until they have tested it, so Apple doesn't have any reason to rush the combo update links out.

Ran the update, restarted, ran the the 10.6.2 AppleHDA rollback in Multibeast, had a kernel panic on the restart after that, but after the hard reboot it worked like a dream. I too am interested in seeing if we don't need the 32 bit GraphicsEnabler=no fix for the Radeon 5xxx cards. How is Chameleon RC5? My primary HDD is a 1.5 TB drive split into 2 partitions because of the current limit, and I'd like to not have to do that. Happy hacking!

Hey Mac Man, & Tony,

I am Running P55M-UD2 V1.1-Core i3 540, EVGA GT240 Bios F11 with GT 240,

Had succesfully installed on GT 240 with 10.6.3 no multibeast, ran 10.6.5 update, rebooted right away(sighs....big mistake restarting) then rebooted, and guess what KSOD-Kernel Panic Screen of Death. Tried -x-v no luck....doing a reinstall now... Anybody try Chameleon RC5 yet...

Also tony or mac man much respect and gratitude to the hardwork you guys have put into this project.

One thing I wanted to know is that when I install the Cham. RC5, do we even need to do User DSDT or Easy Beast, since those include RC4 and not RC5. In addition, when I ran multibeast is it good avice to install NVenabler, or will the RC5 do the injection like RC4 did?

Also the DSDT's that are posted...on the site are they optimized?

Also, I posted a contribution for a Custombeast disc, anyway I can change it to reflect a newer board i.e....->P55-USB3, with my Core i3 cpu, and GT 240 Support.

Update: Tried to install RC5 no luck system just reboots once you reach the countdown from 3...no wheelbar

What should I install with RC5, Kexts, DSDT's? What about RC4..Has anyone tested with RC4..at this point I am ready to bang my head against the wall...just j/k.

Installed fine on my system (shown at left). Since I gave up a long time ago and got a USB audio device, I didn't even have to fix the sound :)

gigabyte x58-ud3r fb.

followed the instructions, got the KP on restart. Ran the rollback, got audio to work. i also updated a few things such as USB 3.0 (don't have a usb 3.0 drive to test, but 2.0 drives work) and Chameleon RC5.

The weird thing is, now my ram displays as 1333 MHz instead of 1528 Mhz which is what it is listed as on startup. i definitely confirmed several times that on start up it's 1528 in the bios.

any ideas why this might be happening? is this purely cosmetic?

Edit: searched the forums and saw macman's post 10/16/10.... "The last build of RC5 that I tested has memory detection issues only with X58 motherboards. For some reason it's only reading the speed from the SPD and not the BIOS. I submitted a bug on this with the Chameleon developers."

i assume this is the cause?

Followed the instructions and successfully installed 10.6.5 on my X58a-UD3R Bios: FB
Upon reboot my USB keyboard and mouse no longer function. :(
Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Working great here. :D

No audio on reboot, but deleted AppleHDA and reinstalled the VooDoo kext and it's running like a champ.

Gigabyte P55A-UD3

No problems here either. I hope this update has something good for 5770 users :)

Smooth operator over here. Another successful update to 10.6.5.

As per instructions:

-Updated
-Rebooted
(No audio)
-Ran MB 2.4.0 and selected the following options:
-------> System Utilities / Rebuild Caches
-------> System Utilities / Rebuild Permissions
-------> 10.6.2 AppleHDA Rollback
-Rebooted
(Audio back)

All is fine (including QE/CI).

Additional notes:
-Changed my system profile to say Quad-Core Intel Xeon, but MB can fix that. Hardly care to be honest.

-Still hasn't solved the problem of one of the two displays I use not turning on. I must unplug and replug DVI cable. Hoping the DisplayPort adapter I ordered will fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back