Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ckat said:
gigabyte x58-ud3r fb.

followed the instructions, got the KP on restart. Ran the rollback, got audio to work. i also updated a few things such as USB 3.0 (don't have a usb 3.0 drive to test, but 2.0 drives work) and Chameleon RC5.

The weird thing is, now my ram displays as 1333 MHz instead of 1528 Mhz which is what it is listed as on startup. i definitely confirmed several times that on start up it's 1528 in the bios.

any ideas why this might be happening? is this purely cosmetic?

Edit: searched the forums and saw macman's post 10/16/10.... "The last build of RC5 that I tested has memory detection issues only with X58 motherboards. For some reason it's only reading the speed from the SPD and not the BIOS. I submitted a bug on this with the Chameleon developers."

i assume this is the cause?
Yes, purely cosmetic. If you go back to the RC4 in MultiBeast it's reported correctly.

Hi everyone!!! I've installed 10.6.5 via software update, cross my finger and everything was fine!!! Snow Leopard 10.6.5 running fine!!!

So I've ordered all of my components and they should be here any day now. With the advent of 10.6.5, will I still need to run the Snow Leopard Graphic Update? Or can I just run 10.6.5 combo update, then run multibeast?

Thanks!

Updated fine on my H55M-USB3, only had to patch AppleHDA to get it back but it's no problem at all. Everything else works as usual.

I've used another method for the sound, this way you can keep the 10.6.5 AppleHDA, just follow these instructions Patch AppleHDA

It totally killed USB functionality for me... :(

I can't even get it to work booting off of iBoot.

I might just have to get a gigabyte board :)....

Dr. Who? said:
So I've ordered all of my components and they should be here any day now. With the advent of 10.6.5, will I still need to run the Snow Leopard Graphic Update? Or can I just run 10.6.5 combo update, then run multibeast?

Thanks!
Unless MacMan, tonymacx86, Lin2Mac or other senior poster tells you otherwise, I'd run the 10.6.5 combo after installing Snow Leopard. Then, run MultiBeast. Seems the logical thing to do.

However, read and try to understand what others are running into with this update so, if you run into a problem, you can easily figure it out or get help.

Welcome to the Hackintosh experience. This forum has great, smart and knowledge members who can help.

Stork said:
Dr. Who? said:

Thanks!
Unless MacMan, tonymacx86, Lin2Mac or other senior poster tells you otherwise, I'd run the 10.6.5 combo after installing Snow Leopard. Then, run MultiBeast. Seems the logical thing to do.

However, read and try to understand what others are running into with this update so, if you run into a problem, you can easily figure it out or get help.

Welcome to the Hackintosh experience. This forum has great, smart and knowledge members who can help.

Thanks!

Well it all comes down to everyone having different hardware. Like said before, welcome to the hackint0sh experience. If you want to run hackint0sh, you should really just build a new rig. It's worth spending a few hundred dollars and researching your parts to be as compatible as they can be. Researching takes time but it's worth it when you can run an update right from software update and have it work.

Hardware: GA-X58A-UD3R rev.2 FB, EVGA GTX-285, Mac OSX 10.6.5 (64bit)

Result: Updates fine and with Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r594

Steps:
1. Updated with the 10.6.5 Combo updater.
2. Reboot -- No audio.
3. Ran Multibeast 2.4. At this time I decided to update everything and included Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r594 Prerelease.
8. Run MultiBeast with the following options:
- System Utilities (both Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions)
- UserDSDT (made sure I had my DSDT.aml on my desktop)
- Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC889
- Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Disk -> JMicron36x (aka GSATA) -> JMicron36xeSATA
- Advanced Options -> Chameleon > Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease
- Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist -> 64-bit Apple Boot Screen
- Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> Mac Pro -> Core i7
9. Close MultiBeast and click restart on Mac OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back