Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed 10.6.5 and update went through successfully (apart from sound, but that was easily fixed with Multibeast).

The only problem I have is that QE/CI has been disabled on my ATi 4890. Have tried to connect to netkas.org for patch, but can't load his page. Firefox 4b7 keeps crashing too - I think this could be related to the QE/CI problem. Thankfully, this isn't my main system, so I'll wait a few days for a new QE/CI patch to be released (if that's what's needed).

works like a charm. i had the black screen issue after upgrading to 10.6.4 and tried everything to resolve....

with 10.6.5 all i did was replace the sleepenabler.kext with the 10.6.3 version and reboot after the 10.6.5 installation...video is back......

awesome feeling...

system info:

Nvidia 7800gt 256mb
ga-ep45-ds3l motherboard

Working great on my GA p55 usb3 ver 2 system
i dont use internal sound so thats off but it was a straight forward install reboot for me.
the other bits I have are the GT220 video card a firewire card and an M-audio PCI soundcard
I thought Id pit in multibeast 2.4 afterwards (it wasnt needed just to update a few things)
mainly for latest chameleon and that worked sweet as no hassles
It also did a mainstage update along with the 10.6.5 and thats all good so awesome!

I put this in the wrong thread earlier.
Updated to 10.6.5 and my display started flickering after reboot. It then went to all fuzz and I rebooted. Now no display at all. Can't even get to boot screen. I think I smoked my old 8800GTS. Writing this from my phone. No pc until my new graphics card arrives from newegg.
I have had occasional flickering from this card in yhe last few months so I won't blame the update. I suspect it was on its last legs and just couldn't handle the excitement.
Also Garage Band threw an error before I rolled audio back to 10.6.2 HDA. Went away after rollback.

updated perfectly on my hack! <- specs in sidebar

so happy that i have fully supported 889a audio and 4870 graphics. may have been my months and months of planning or just being a little lucky that its the only audio on Gigabyte boards full supported :D

just reiterating if anyone has problems with audio after this update you need to reinstall 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext. read the first post or the latest blog article.

Update worked great. Just had to redo the 889 audio once rebooted.

Oh, here's an interest thing just for grins.

Upon first reboot into OSX after the update, my 2nd monitor had salt/pepper going on it, like in Poltergeist. Pretty sure it was from the eyeTV I have hooked up, but it was kinda different and oddly funny at the same time.

Running P55M-UD2 V1.1-Core i3 540, EVGA GT240 Bios F11 with GT 240, Had succesfully installed on GT 240 with 10.6.3 no multibeast, ran 10.6.5 update, rebooted right away(sighs....big mistake restarting) then rebooted, and guess what KSOD-Kernel Panic Screen of Death. Tried -x-v no luck....doing a reinstall now... Anybody try Chameleon RC5 yet...

Also tony or mac man much respect and gratitude to the hardwork you guys have put into this project.

One thing I wanted to know is that when I install the Cham. RC5, do we even need to do User DSDT or Easy Beast, since those include RC4 and not RC5. In addition, when I ran multibeast is it good avice to install NVenabler, or will the RC5 do the injection like RC4 did?

Also the DSDT's that are posted...on the site are they optimized?

Also, I posted a contribution for a Custombeast disc, anyway I can change it to reflect a newer board i.e....->P55-USB3, with my Core i3 cpu, and GT 240 Support.

Well, seems like the link i posted (and removed) is very buggy for a lot of people, if you were unlucky enough to catch it anywhere (im sorry if you catched it here :( ), just go to /Library/Update/zzz061-9753 and run the update manually...

I guess that'll teach me to wait for official links :p.

For the record, the update works like a charm on my system.

Works Great!

X58A-UD3R-2.0

Installed update, reboot, ran multibeast (10.6.2 AppleHDA) since this mobo has Realtek ALC889 audio chipset. Ran utilities, kernel panic on restart, hard reboot, audio works, restart and no kernel panic at all, backup... sweet!

Just be sure you have a usable current backup just in case... and if you don't :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back