Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-H55M-USB3 / i5 760

Updated, everything seems to be working (I don't use the builtin audio)

sweet. :]

GB-P55A-UD3

Lost USB had the Kernal Panic upon restart, had to use MultiBeast, however I can't do anything, it loads the screen to login, but I can't login because No USB ports are working for me to use a Keyboard, I even plugged in a NON Usb keyboard and that doesn't even work.

So looks like a fresh install is in the works for later today..... :(

Dr. Who? said:
Stork said:
[quote="Dr. Who?":1q67gxgt]So I've ordered all of my components and they should be here any day now. With the advent of 10.6.5, will I still need to run the Snow Leopard Graphic Update? Or can I just run 10.6.5 combo update, then run multibeast?

Thanks!
Unless MacMan, tonymacx86, Lin2Mac or other senior poster tells you otherwise, I'd run the 10.6.5 combo after installing Snow Leopard. Then, run MultiBeast. Seems the logical thing to do.

However, read and try to understand what others are running into with this update so, if you run into a problem, you can easily figure it out or get help.

Welcome to the Hackintosh experience. This forum has great, smart and knowledge members who can help.

Thanks![/quote:1q67gxgt]

I have a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo (Santa Rosa), and I installed 10.6.0 on to a firewire drive, then installed the 10.6.5 combo update, then I booted off the firewire drive and ran the software update, the Snow Leopard Graphic Update DID NOT appear. So I guess it's now apart of the combo update.

I have the same issue with 10.6.5 and no USB functionality. I can boot into the system fine but with no USB support. When I boot using iBoot 2.5 or even ATI xxx-3 i get the grey error screen right after selecting in the boot order. So as of right now I can't get into the system with iBoot but I can normally but with no USB.

updated to 10.6.5 USB bluetooth dongle stopped working. Not sure why because all my other USB devices still work

Dongle gets detected in system profiler too.

OK, I got about 4 pages into this thread... I've seen enough :D
I just installed the Frankentosh last night, got kexts fixed up so I have Lan and Audio working about 2 hours ago, then the update popped up, checked this thread, did update, did apple rollback dealy from multibeastmaster, everything okey dokey, easy cheesy. I gotta say, I am with the swede on this one, Kind of a no brainer. As usual, MacMan spoon fed this one up real nice and easy..
Thanks!
Now on to seeing if I can get Final Cut Pro to work... kept crashing last night...

Here is my upgrade process (after I had to restore because of a faulty pkg):

1. Download 10.6.5 Combo Update (about 1 GB)
2. Install it
3. I downloaded the new MultiBeast (2.4.0) and installed it with all my options
4. Reboot and enjoy!

I have now a MacPro 4,1 in system profiler. Everything is working great so far!

cr4nky

PCI port does not working anymore even thought run MultiBeast already

I installed 10.6.5, rebooted... my system boots into error screen. I tried iBoot and it freezes during booting. Any ideas how to boot into Mac OS to be able to run MultiBeast?

installed 10.6.5 from the software update
all was fine. audio on first try, no KP (knocks wood)
that's the power of the p55m-ud4 :clap:
dont know what version of multibeat or chameleon or anything i'm using, or even how to tell any of that. but amazed that this working 100% with no fiddling or modifications necessary. bluetooth works fine, usb, works fine, apple mini-pci wifi works fine.
:headbang:
still 10150 gb64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back