Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooops. Mail didn't want to quit, twice. Beach ball when launching Spotify and lots of weird behavior in Safari.. Me no likey!

Updated from software update.
Then Multibeast 10.6.2 audio rollback
100% working machine.
:thumbup:

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
Hi everyone, I updated my rig to 10.6.5 and obviously the audio wasn't working but fixed that with multibeast.

However theres a weird sleep problem.
When I try to put it to sleep sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes after two or three attempt it will finally sleep.

However sometimes it'll go to sleep and then immediately reawaken by itself but at that point the system is unresponsive, the monitor won't be one, the cpu fan doesn't spin and the mobo phase leds are all on. Just the fans are spinning but the computer is basically off ... even if i hard power it down and restart it won't even reboot. I have to remove the power plug and a wait a couple of minutes to reboot.

I have a preedited dsdtl.aml for the rig, and minimal kexts. Before 10.6.5, sleep worked perfectly.

Any ideas would be helpful.

I forgot to mention, i typically put the computer to sleep by pressing alt-cmd-eject (shortcut), not pressing the power button on the computer.

I have a problem after update to 10.5.6 a used easy beast in Multibeast and the mac is not starting. What is easy beast installing in Multibeast 2.5.2 so that I can kill it.

Interesting, I put my mac to sleep using the mouse over the apple logo and down to sleep option. When I tried to use the command option eject, it will not go to sleep! It tries then it comes back up. The mouse method works just fine!

Attachments

• dsdtnewfan.dsl
    922.7 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back