Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to my sleep problem.

Inconsistent sleep, sometimes sleeps sometimes doesn't, Wakes up ok. But sometimes on initial sleep it goes into weird unresponsive state:

Now it repeatedly keeps turning itself on and off every 10 seconds endlessly, i have to power off hard.

After rebooting, the bios error message comes up & restores back to F8 Bios, whereas i had it updated to F11 ! WTF ?

Is it possible for a sleep issue to cause BIOS to reset ?

Or is it a hardware (mobo) fault ?

I had my hackintosh working on 10.6.4, but then erased it to double the startup disk size about a week ago. I've been fighting to get the system back up and running in 10.6.5, and today I had almost complete success.

However, the sound will not come back.

It worked on 10.6.4, but it will not work on 10.6.5. I have tried the AppleHDA + HDAEnabler, I've tried the rolled back AppleHDA, I've tried the Voodoo, I've tried everything I can think of.

Does anyone have ideas on what else I should try to get this sound working?

-Trip

Gigabyte H55M-USB3 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 890 CPU, Radeon ATI HD 5770 Graphics

I've actually been having a slight issue with sleep myself since 10.6.5. The first time I tell it to sleep, it doesn't go all the way to sleep. The second time, it does.

I have MSI P55-GD65 and performed the Combo update for 10.6.5 and rebooted. The USB keyboard and mouse did not work.

I used a copy of iBoot - Supported and Official Snow Leopard used the the Terminal in the install Utilities and removed IOUSBFamily.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions of the mounted hard drive. I rebooted and everything seems to be working so far.

Just wondering if I should perform a USB Rollback with the new MultiBeast?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-26 at 10.10.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-26 at 10.10.26 PM.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 134
Updated to 10.6.5 using Software Update.

Sound was re-enabled using MultiBoot and the 10.6.2 audio rollback.

USB and sleep are working.

The only issue I'm having is with display calibration. On startup, it uses an uncalibrated profile. Then I put it to sleep and on wakeup it uses whatever profile was selected. Trying to switch profiles doesn't work until waking up again, and I can't calibrate.

Hey everybody, does anyone out there have the same specs as I do? And if so could you PM or post me the settings in multibeast to apply this update? I have not tinkered with my hacintosh since 10.6.4, and as of right now, everything works except 64 bit kernal extensions. (but I forgot all the choices in multibeast to get this far :( )
Thanks in advance

After upgrading to 10.6.5, I now have problems booting Parallels 5/ Win 7. The VM freezes in the first few BIOS steps.
Anybody else having this problem?

I'm having problems getting into OSX without using iBoot 2.5.2. The progress circle just spins at the apple screen. Any ideas?

Did you instal 10.6.5 or 10.6.4 and then update to 10.6.5. I've got the same MB and same CPU but every time I've got error in bootloader when try to start installation from USB Drive. Do I must instal it from DVD or it doesn't matter?

And one more queston. Like I know that this MB has AMI bios can you just write me down every change you made in bios before boot up Mac OS installation.

Thank you in advance

Thanks Tony and everyone who commented on this, my X58-UD3R is up to speed now after Googling and reading stuff. Here was my experience...

Did Update First Time, Instead Of Combo:
Panicked and reformatted my Mac, but had a SuperDuper clone I could restore files with... so proceeded to Combo update and use:

MultiBeast which worked but couldn't boot from HDD using UserDSDT option only:
Had to install RC4 1.1.9 on top, that got it working... using DType theme yo!

Didn't realize I had to rollback USB's either:
I cheated booted my Windows on 2nd HDD and installed kexts from there (MacDrive 8) had to -f -x boot I think...

Had no Audio when I stopped using iBoot cd:
Figured out the LegacyHDA I needed and rolled back AppleHDA too.

Sorry for the horrible write up, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back