Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
metalchaos said:
Hello,

I haven't updated yet to 10.6.3 but I've put the 10.6.3 kernel from the above link and it is not working... sudden restart.
I don't know if I must have installed the full 10.6.3 update to use the kernel, but it shouldn't matter.

Thanks.

You won't be able to run the 10.6.3 kernel without installing the rest of the 10.6.3 update. :p That said, I would venture to say that it won't probably support the atom anyway. A patched version isn't probably too far off, though.

Okay..

Updated to 10.6.3

After fixing annoying internal SATA showing as external SATA issue with the following kext from Tony's Multibeast IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

I am left with no sound.

My P55A-UD6 uses the 889 codec and my DSDT has the edits included for this codec.

Vanilla Audio Solution

* Forget about LegacyHDA.kext and the DSDT edits and just use VoodooHDA.kext. It works fine with the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext in initial testing.

The above doesn't work after using MultiBeast to install VOODOOHDA.kext

Prior to update i had DSDT edits, LEGACYHDA in /Extra & HDAENABLER.kext in /S/L/Extensions. Sound worked.

These two kexts are now removed and VOODOOHDA installed as stated above with no love (audio).

Do I have to remove the 889 EDITS from the DSDT & then use VOODOOHDA.kext ?

UPDATE:
Went back to using LEGACYHDA in /E & HDAENABLER in /S/L/E & used Tony's package installer to revert back to APPLEHDA (10.6.2)

Sound is back.

Can't wait for actual VANILLA FIX. But i will :) Thanks for all your help again forum members!!

Hi Tony,

Are you using a different DSDT then with 10.6.2?

If so could you post please so that my testing is more meaningful (specifically the latest audio suggestions).

If not, then I can't get the Voodoo solution for audio to work, either. Fine with the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext one.

Also, perhaps it would be worth adding the "wake-from-sleep-dongle-replug-required" issue to the main blog USB section for those with DSDT and otherwise working USB? This issue is fixed for me by using the 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext solution but not the modified one in /E/E.

Thanks for the continuing hard work. :thumbup:

Okay..

Sleep. It works. My system can SLEEP it can even WAKEUP.

Once it wakes I go to move my mouse and the system locks up.

Checked power to mouse, and its there, as I can wake from sleep with a mouse click.

Once its awake though the mouse loses power & the cursor starts to twirl (colors)

Any ideas?

Not using SLEEPENABLER.kext as I have never needed to with an EDITED DSDT

UPDATE

After reading through reply's on the BLOG I tried unticking 'ALLOW POWER BUTTON TO PUT COMPUTER TO SLEEP' and now when I wake from sleep I still need to reconnect my USB MOUSE but once that is done the system is stable again and doesnt lock up and cursor doesnt twirl. i agree with the person who posted this idea. WIERD.

Obviously USB power is an issue for me when waking from sleep. Any ideas?

The thing is if you update and just reboot you won't have any USB functional and won't be able to move folders around (no mouse and no keyboard...)

The modified DSDT is preventing USB issues, and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector is preventing the orange icon issues. ;)

Hi Tony,

Discovered that my inability to get VoodooHDA.kext to work for audio was because MultiBeast is installing it in /S/L/E rather than /E/E. Fine when moved to the right place and MultiBeast Disk Utils run.

So only the 10.6.2 USB fix required for "wake from sleep" issue. My /Extra attached for your reference.

Extra.zip

Cheers.

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    390 KB · Views: 90
Just a suggestion here, but as I've been lurking and reading though the pages on the 10.6.3, I'm starting to lose track of who has updated to 10.6.3 and who is still on 10.6.2.

How about putting which ver you are running in your sigs? It would help me understand from what perspective people are asking questions - preupgrade or post upgrade.

ltoolio said:
Just a suggestion here, but as I've been lurking and reading though the pages on the 10.6.3, I'm starting to lose track of who has updated to 10.6.3 and who is still on 10.6.2.

How about putting which ver you are running in your sigs? It would help me understand from what perspective people are asking questions - preupgrade or post upgrade.

This might help a little
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... iUWc&hl=en

I agree about people changing their sigs, but I think a lot of us (including myseld) are probably running both 10.6.2 and 10.6.3 on different partitions/drives. Personally, I have 4 installs personally lol, mostly for more testing. :)

Tony, in your blog you recommend:

Vanilla Audio Solution
Forget about LegacyHDA.kext and the DSDT edits and just use VoodooHDA.kext. It works fine with the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext in initial testing. Available in MultiBeast.

Any idea where I can get a copy of the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext? I'm afraid I blew mine away trying to get audio to work after the 10.6.3 upgrade. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back