Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

The Windows key on a PC keyboard is the same as the command key on a Mac keyboard.

Randy

SATA Hard Drives
You may notice that upon 10.6.3 and reboot, all of your SATA drives are orange, hot swappable, and show up as External.  The update seems to have re-fixed the SATA changes to DSDT.  Your drives will behave 100% normally.
If you're bugged by this, you can install IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in /Extra.

As I have the P55A-UD6 with a DSDT which includes all edits, I will now backup my /E & /S/L/E folder to desktop just incase and update to 10.6.3.

From what's been posted on the blog the only issue I should come across will be the minor SATA issue quoted above.

I will also inject the i7 info into smbios.plist for good measure.

Where do I get the kext mentioned in the quote above?

Musicalchairs said:
If you're bugged by this, you can install IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in /Extra.

Where do I get the kext mentioned in the quote above?

Go to Tony's blog and download the files for the USB installation method. It should be in there.

tonymacx86 said:
metalchaos said:
Hello,

Do you know if the modified 10.6.3 kernel (for use with core i3) is available and where?

thanks.
Check out this thread- it says Atom- but I'm sure it's patched like the other ones. Report your success/failure- I'd like to include it in the next MultiBeast.

:mrgreen: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 97020.html :mrgreen:

Hello,

I haven't updated yet to 10.6.3 but I've put the 10.6.3 kernel from the above link and it is not working... sudden restart.
I don't know if I must have installed the full 10.6.3 update to use the kernel, but it shouldn't matter.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back