Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
carbine said:
Tony, in your blog you recommend:

Vanilla Audio Solution
Forget about LegacyHDA.kext and the DSDT edits and just use VoodooHDA.kext. It works fine with the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext in initial testing. Available in MultiBeast.

Any idea where I can get a copy of the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext? I'm afraid I blew mine away trying to get audio to work after the 10.6.3 upgrade. :banghead:

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
Hi,
Again, Tony and the other contributors, big thanks for the easy guides, you make our life a lot easier.
I just updated to 10.6.3 and the other two updates available, I'm using my signature hardware with Tony DSDT.

- My hard drives show grey color as always, I have not applied any kext to fix it. (update: I found that I already had the kext to fix it).
- USB works for me.
- Audio lost as expected, tried Vodoo kext but did not work, so I installed 10.6.2 Apple HDA kext
- Video works ok as previously with EFI string.

brickhead said:
Hi,
Again, Tony and the other contributors, big thanks for the easy guides, you make our life a lot easier.
I just updated to 10.6.3 and the other two updates available, I'm using my signature hardware with Tony DSDT.

- My hard drives show grey color as always, I have not applied any kext to fix it. (update: I found that I already had the kext to fix it).
- USB works for me.
- Audio lost as expected, tried Vodoo kext but did not work, so I installed 10.6.2 Apple HDA kext

Does sleep/wakeup work?

Okay..

Using hardware in my sig & after updating to 10.6.3 the only issues were the following.

- SATA - Showing as external not internal. Quick fix using IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector in /E/E

- WAKE FROM SLEEP - Lack of USB support after wakinhg from sleep, unless I replug the device I used to wake from sleep (USB MOUSE)

- AUDIO - Had to revert back to 10.6.2 APPLEHDA via Tony's installer & continue using the correct LEGACYHDA in /E/E & HDAENABLER in /S/L/E as i did with 10.6.2. 889 codec is a bitch :)

So I guess we're waiting for DSDT fix for the WAKE FROM SLEEP issue & the SATA issue ?

Is there anything I can do to help with this? DSDT dump etc ?

Let me know

Musicalchairs said:
- AUDIO - Had to revert back to 10.6.2 APPLEHDA via Tony's installer & continue using the correct LEGACYHDA in /E & HDAENABLER in /S/L/E as i did with 10.6.2

Hey- thanks for the info- quick comment. Just noticed that you're using HDAEnabler in S/L/E- you can remove that if you're using the P55A-UD6 DSDT. That kext is only if you don't have DSDT.

Also, the USB issue is currently being worked on- and I'm pretty sure it's solveable. Any testing that anyone can do on DSDT edits, let me know. I'm pretty sure that it's a case of Apple actually fixing something for us that we had a long-standing workaround for. If you're feeling up to it- remove all of the UHCI ports completely from the DSDT- you'll still get USB. Just remember to test on a Vanilla system. ;)

grom said:
brickhead said:
Hi,

- USB works for me.

Does sleep/wakeup work?

I can put the screen to sleep using exposé.. I haven't tried anything else...

Okay..

Hey- thanks for the info- quick comment. Just noticed that you're using HDAEnabler in S/L/E- you can remove that if you're using the P55A-UD6 DSDT. That kext is only if you don't have DSDT.

Took your advice and removed HDAEnabler from /S/L/E then used MULTIBEAST to REBUILD CACHE & REPAIR PERMISSIONS. No luck. Sound doesn't work for me unless I have HDAEnabler in /S/L/E.

889 codec. DSDT inc. all edits. Stumped ?

Replied in that thread.

That didn't work either.

Musicalchairs said:
Replied in that thread.

That didn't work either.

Ouch- sorry about that. Well- checked out that DSDT- the edits seem correct, although I don't have any board with 889 to test. I guess you might try VoodooHDA- there is a new version that look promising. I may try to make a kext just for the 88x series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back