Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Omen 15-EK0013DX
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Hello All,
I just setup my HP Probook 6570b with the latest clover and Mavericks. I have been going strong for the past two days. Honestly, I have done a lot of hackintoshs and this one was literally flawless until today. It was working all day multiple power ons and shutoffs and I got home and my Mac OS partition isn't showing in clover :(. I did some research apparantly the partition isn't mounted. I would really like to get this fixed without reinstalling. I can't boot into OS however I booted back into my install USB and in disk utility I can see my partition and I can see its not mounted. However, clicking on the mount button doesn't do anything. I am not afraid of command line I just need to know. Also I am bit confused because the research that I have done people say just remount it using clover configurator or reinstall. As I cannot get in to the OS that's not an option. Finally, and technically I don't understand what even mounting the partition in the installers disk utility is going to do any good after I reboot and go back into clover, wouldn't it just demount again and how do I keep it mounted. Very frustrated and I cannot believe how flawless its all been til now :(

Also I just tried mounting the partition in diskutil and got this message

mkdir /volumes/efi
mount_msdos /dev/disk0s2 /volumes/efi
mount_msdos: unsupported sector size (36458)

:(

Hello All,
I just setup my HP Probook 6570b with the latest clover and Mavericks. I have been going strong for the past two days. Honestly, I have done a lot of hackintoshs and this one was literally flawless until today. It was working all day multiple power ons and shutoffs and I got home and my Mac OS partition isn't showing in clover :(. I did some research apparantly the partition isn't mounted. I would really like to get this fixed without reinstalling. I can't boot into OS however I booted back into my install USB and in disk utility I can see my partition and I can see its not mounted. However, clicking on the mount button doesn't do anything. I am not afraid of command line I just need to know. Also I am bit confused because the research that I have done people say just remount it using clover configurator or reinstall. As I cannot get in to the OS that's not an option. Finally, and technically I don't understand what even mounting the partition in the installers disk utility is going to do any good after I reboot and go back into clover, wouldn't it just demount again and how do I keep it mounted. Very frustrated and I cannot believe how flawless its all been til now :(

The partitions which show in Clover have nothing to do with 'mounting' (that is an OS X thing... and is transient).

Perhaps you didn't copy HFSPlus.efi to drivers64UEFI?

The partitions which show in Clover have nothing to do with 'mounting' (that is an OS X thing... and is transient).

Perhaps you didn't copy HFSPlus.efi to drivers64UEFI?

Very relived you replied, Sir RehabMan. I acknowledge you as a hackintosh god.

This was my process.
Create clover installer usb using the sticky from the top of this thread.
Boot into clover efi from HP boot manager, used no flags, booted right into OS X installer.
Install went flawless
Ran HP Probook installer
I was set except for my audio, but there was a sticky about using KextWizard to clear the cache and audio would work, and so forth it did.

As I said I was running flawlessly for two days. Today, being the third day, I used it multiple times today. Only when I got home this happened.

None the less, how would I go about doing that if you truly think that is the problem. Again, without reinstalling unless its a must :(

None the less, how would I go about doing that if you truly think that is the problem. Again, without reinstalling unless its a must :(

Post your EFI folder.

Post your EFI folder.

RehabMan, thank you however I had to reinstall as I needed this laptop for today. I would like to know however how to fix this if it happens again. I will let you know that on my last working run I ran clover configurator to change the timeout time from 5 sec to 0 so it would boot straight to Mavericks. This I believe had something to do with everything getting messed up, because I realized simply by opening Clover configurator doesn't open your configuration, you have to import it. At least, that's how I saw it because this next time around when I did the same thing, I noticed that when I would just open the app and when I would compare the config from my installer USB they were different. So I used the config from the installer usb and then exported to my system. (ALL to change the timeout time, but I believe this is what made things go wonky.) However, I did all this on first day of install, and my issue occured on the third day.

RehabMan, thank you however I had to reinstall as I needed this laptop for today. I would like to know however how to fix this if it happens again. I will let you know that on my last working run I ran clover configurator to change the timeout time from 5 sec to 0 so it would boot straight to Mavericks. This I believe had something to do with everything getting messed up, because I realized simply by opening Clover configurator doesn't open your configuration, you have to import it. At least, that's how I saw it because this next time around when I did the same thing, I noticed that when I would just open the app and when I would compare the config from my installer USB they were different. So I used the config from the installer usb and then exported to my system. (ALL to change the timeout time, but I believe this is what made things go wonky.) However, I did all this on first day of install, and my issue occured on the third day.

No idea since you didn't provide the requested files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back