Contribute
Register

Mac OS 14.3.1 Older I7 installation Problems

Viewing your Clover install log, it looks as though you have quite a few EFI-bootable disks attached - disk3, disk4 and disk5 as well as the main internal drive. This will confuse a bootloader.

Next you need some form of APTIO Memory fix driver. I don't see one in the Drivers folder.

Next, again, you are probably better getting to grips with OpenCore for Sonoma. The Clover version that supports it actually includes OpenCore elements anyway, to make it continue working, so it makes more sense, in my view, to change to a full OpenCore system. Once learned it's more logical and easier to troubleshoot.

:)
do you think a NVIDIA GeForce GT620 will be viable in Sonoma? :)

do you think a NVIDIA GeForce GT620 will be viable in Sonoma? :)

Good point. Unlikely isn't it? Where's @trs96 when you need him? Was there ever built-in drivers from Apple for this chipset? I remember using one many moons ago.

Having said that, they are bound to have been deprecated by now, surely.

Edit: Just noticed the i7-3770 CPU has an HD4000 iGPU. No good?

Good point. Unlikely isn't it? Where's @trs96 when you need him? Was there ever built-in drivers from Apple for this chipset? I remember using one many moons ago.

Having said that, they are bound to have been deprecated by now, surely.
I reckon that High Sierra would be best :)

Thank you for the feedback. Now I need some help with Open Core Setup. Look at the photos I put the last clover EFI and someone can tell what am I going todo at each step. I'm going use the OpenCore Configuration Program. I am some what new to this come writing this type file!

Thank you for the feedback. Now I need some help with Open Core Setup. Look at the photos I put the last clover EFI and someone can tell what am I going todo at each step. I'm going use the OpenCore Configuration Program. I am some what new to this come writing this type file!
read up on:

you going to be installing High Sierra then?

Last edited:
Much easier on a Mac. Just follow the create install media method.

You'll need the full installer to make your bootable USB drive.
macappstores://apps.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12
In the photo I have these two dmg files they are installer inside them, now what can I do to make them or of them into a bootable usb? The link no good to me, because I am on 14.3.1 Mac mini, I have make do with dmg files.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
In the photo I have these two dmg files they are installer inside them, now what can I do to make them or of them into a bootable usb? The link no good to me, because I am on 14.3.1 Mac mini, I have make do with dmg files.
you realise that your hardware is not really supported for Sonoma?

Back