Contribute
Register

Looking for a motherboard compatible with install ML without DSDT and without Chimera. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
HD4000 and ATI Radeon 4870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I am looking for a motherboard that we can install ML without the need of a DSDT AND without using Chimera either.

Any suggestion?

The GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 is out of stock everywhere unfortunately.

(I just bought a kit with this motherboard and they shipped me everything but the motherboard. Now I am stuck with some memory that might not be compatible with the next motherboard I choose.)

You will always need Chimera to get a system to boot.:lol:

I would think receiving a kit without the motherboard should be sufficient justification for returning the kit for a full refund.

Well you might have to pay restocking fees and twice the shipping cost for nothing... ;O)

Was a i7-3770k, 16 gig of rams, a 750W psu and a compatible hackingtosh nic. ;O)

Still need to find a motherboard tho! ;O)

Order yourself a GA-Z77A-DS3H - it will meet/beat anything the Z68 could do. Any DDR3 RAM that would work on a Z68 board will work on a Z77 board, so don't worry about it.

EDIT: If none of the GA- mATX boards have compatible audio/LAN, then try the MSI Z77MA-G45. You will need a patched BIOS to unlock power management of NullCPUPM kext in S/L/E

You will still need either Chameleon or Chimera boot loader to run OS X on any PC build.

What I wonder is how he did it? He doesn talk about chimera anywhere... :O) He does talk about multibeast. But since I am still a noob to hackingtosh, I cant tell if it installs automatically chimera or not.)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html

Jocas says here that it installs chimera automatically
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...success-ga-z77-ds3h-hd-4000-q-e-problems.html

--

Form factor of the motherboard is not a problem, neither is the cost. (As long as you get for what you pay for...) I care more about esayness. This is the reason why I did want the Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard.

As for the GA-Z77-DS3H, I am reading alot of problems related to the HD4000 IGP. And also alot of sound problem. I am quite stressed when that when apples send updates, that I would get alot of trouble fixing it back to normal. I want to keep it vanilla as much as I can...

When you apply updates you always have to rollback audio.

Audio and other issues will be rectified once a updated MB is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back