Contribute
Register

Looking for a bit of help with DSDT/SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, you have not customized USB port injection yet.
I've read through the pinned USB changes guide, but I'm still not exactly sure what I need to do for that... Is there a very very basic guide that I can follow, or will I just have to figure it out?

Can't help people that won't listen to advice.
I'm genuinely just wondering what the difference is. I mean I was under the impression you choose what's most similar, and I assumed the 4750HQ was closest to the 4720HQ. If this impression was wrong, then what exactly defines how you pick your SMBIOS?

All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.
So of the kexts that I've got in my EFI partition, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be there no? FakePCIID needs to be, and so does FakeSMC. AppleALC say to install there in their guide. The only one I'm not sure about now is the RealtekRTL8111 kext, but even that I thought belonged...

Define 'that'.
By that I mean what's wrong with my ACPI patching, as you say it's not done correctly, so what do I need to ensure I avoid next time?

Thanks again for all the help! I must apologise for my ignorance, I'm just curious...

I've read through the pinned USB changes guide, but I'm still not exactly sure what I need to do for that... Is there a very very basic guide that I can follow, or will I just have to figure it out?

It is fairly simple:
- USBInjectAll.kext to inject all ports (may temporarily need the port limit patch)
- test all ports with both USB2 and USB3 devices with IORegistryExplorer running from the start
- check the ioreg results to determine which ports are needed/active
- create a custom SSDT to configure USBInjectAll.kext (use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template)

I'm genuinely just wondering what the difference is.

Just experience from responding to people here... I have a bit more than you...

So of the kexts that I've got in my EFI partition, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be there no?

Maybe, but several that you are using are not installed to the system volume (they would show in kextcache output).

By that I mean what's wrong with my ACPI patching, as you say it's not done correctly, so what do I need to ensure I avoid next time?

There was no accommodation for "Darwin" in the _OSI checks (handled by the one of the "OS Check Fix" patches).

Also, no patch for brightness, no patch for "instant wake". You should read the guide...

Thanks for USB help. I'll set that up later.

I have a bit more than you...
Ouch, I understand that. I was just curious as to whether it mattered with regards to CPU or not.

Maybe, but several that you are using are not installed to the system volume (they would show in kextcache output).
Um, I'm not sure what kexts you think I'm using, as the only ones I've got in my EFI are the ones mentioned above, and the ones that show up in my kextcache output are the only ones I've installed.

There was no accommodation for "Darwin" in the _OSI checks (handled by the one of the "OS Check Fix" patches).
Are you sure you're looking at my DSDT/SSDTs?

I have patched my DSDT with 'OS Check Fix (Windows 8)', and I can see the 'Darwin' bit in my _OSI checks at the very top when I reopen my compiled DSDT.

I have a the brightness fix for Haswell applied in SSDT-7, as that's where the devices were.

Instant wake patches (I'm guessing 'USB3 _PRW 0x0D') was also applied to my DSDT.

Also, my brightness works perfectly, and the PC can sleep, so I'm pretty sure that those are actually there...

Oh and I have read the guide.

Last edited:
Ouch, I understand that. I was just curious as to whether it mattered with regards to CPU or not.

Doesn't matter. Experience here shows MacBookPro11,1 comes with less quirks when used on non-Apple hardware than MacBookPro11,2. Reason is not understood.

Um, I'm not sure what kexts you think I'm using, as the only ones I've got in my EFI are the ones mentioned above, and the ones that show up in my kextcache output are the only ones I've installed.

The problem is the kexts you *haven't* installed to the system volume (eg. FakeSMC.kext, etc.)

Are you sure you're looking at my DSDT/SSDTs?

I compared ACPI/origin with ACPI/patched.

I think the problem is you provided patched files in ACPI/origin. That is, you neglected to press F4 to create fresh native files there (as requested).

Last edited:
Okay, I'll swap to that SMBIOS then. I guess I'll have to find a new serial...

I was under the impression that if I installed FakeSMC to /S/L/E it'd stop Clover injecting? And is FakeSMC not an essential kext then?

Possibly, although I was pretty sure I did.

I'm looking at doing the following now:
  1. Change my SMBIOS to 11,1
  2. Redump my DSDT/SSDTs and repatch them
For my kexts, would you be able to just point out which ones I should move, because I'm a bit lost now...

I was under the impression that if I installed FakeSMC to /S/L/E it'd stop Clover injecting?

Your impression is correct (assuming config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect). Which is why I said "all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume".

And is FakeSMC not an essential kext then?

It is an essential kext. Which is why it should remain in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (as well as being installed to the system volume).

It is covered quite clearly in the guide, post #2: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Possibly, although I was pretty sure I did.

The timestamps on the files prove otherwise.

1. Redump my DSDT/SSDTs and repatch them

If you want correct analysis, be sure to provide the files as requested.

For my kexts, would you be able to just point out which ones I should move, because I'm a bit lost now...

It is very simple:
- you should know all the kexts you need
- you should know all the kexts you need to boot the installer and/or recovery
- all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume
- all kexts you need to boot the installer/recovery should be on EFI
- there is some overlap, as the "set of kexts needed to boot the installer/recovery" are a subset of the "set of kexts you need"

Okay my issue was I didn't realise you can duplicate them in SLE and EFI, so I apologise for that.

I've changed my SMBIOS (and sorted my serial yay), but as I was looking into moving my last few kexts, I discovered that AppleALC needs to be injected, which means if I install FakeSMC to SLE it'll break that too... Ideally I'd like to keep AppleALC as it makes audio so much easier, so I'd have at least that and FakeSMC in my EFI partition. Is that going to cause any issues that you can think of?

Okay my issue was I didn't realise you can duplicate them in SLE and EFI, so I apologise for that.

I've changed my SMBIOS (and sorted my serial yay), but as I was looking into moving my last few kexts, I discovered that AppleALC needs to be injected, which means if I install FakeSMC to SLE it'll break that too... Ideally I'd like to keep AppleALC as it makes audio so much easier, so I'd have at least that and FakeSMC in my EFI partition. Is that going to cause any issues that you can think of?

I have no experience with AppleALC.kext. Seems you should be able to install it along side AppleHDA without issue (AppleHDA must be vanilla though). Perhaps you need to rebuild cache properly (see FAQ).

Personally, I think AppleALC is overkill/much too complex. There are less complex methods to implement audio.

This is the first time I've even heard of AppleALC, but I found it easier than all alternatives so far. I have an ALC282, which seems to generally be a mess to get working. I tried Mirone's patches, which didn't work (maybe I did something wrong), then tried AppleALC and immediately it showed my devices. Then in combination with CodecCommander, which you told me to install, they worked.

I guess it really appeals as I don't have to actually do anything myself to get it to work, it just does.

-----

I'll give it another go tomorrow, but now it's 10 minutes to 4:00 and I should sleep.

Okay so a bit of an update, and also a request for help.

Firstly, I moved all my kexts to SLE and duplicated the necessary few in my EFI partition. Thankfully audio started working again, though I'm not sure why it didn't at first...

I applied the max USB port patch (15 to 20), and installed USBInjectAll to SLE.

I dumped a fresh set of ACPI files and patched them from scratch, documenting my process. The attached txt file contains a list of patches (in order) applied to each file.

The USBInjectAll seems to have fixed both bluetooth (didn't really mind) and my webcam (which is nice). However it's broken USB3 (pops up saying the device needs power?). I know this is because I haven't configured it yet, so I'll be doing that after I fully understand it.

In regards to my request, I have attached my ioreg, and clover folder (with a fresh set of ACPI files, both in origin and patched). I have also attached a breakdown of what I patched.

Here is the output of the commands you asked me to run last time:
Code:
-MBP:~$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f825ce000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
-MBP:~$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
-MBP:~$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
  120    0 0xffffff7f82665000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <85 12 5 4 3>
-MBP:~$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
   78    1 0xffffff7f821f9000 0x1e000    0x1e000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (274.9) BAE4F922-DD74-3447-A5C1-BFC33B8C0A3E <77 76 71 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  114    0 0xffffff7f82365000 0xb3000    0xb3000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (274.9) 75610131-FB46-3A0E-B758-14CEBEAF94AE <113 92 78 77 76 71 12 11 6 5 4 3 1>
  117    0 0xffffff7f821f5000 0x2000     0x2000     com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver (274.9) F688DB20-5ECB-31A8-9F91-3062E15035D6 <4 3>
-MBP:~$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AsusNBFnKeys.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext PinConfigs.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleALC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext

Would you be able to have a look through and basically tell me if I have any obvious things I need to change, and also check that my DSDT/SSDTs are okay now?

Also, the display flickers still occur after sleeping, so I don't know if maybe something in there will show up as the cause, or perhaps this is just something I can't fix?

Thanks in advance!

-----

Sorry seems I attached an old file. Fixed now.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    628.2 KB · Views: 45
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • ACPI.txt
    816 bytes · Views: 103
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back