Contribute
Register

Looking for a bit of help with DSDT/SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've followed both of those. I actually ended up restarting from scratch, and also configuring iMessage etc properly.

I think the issue with the flickering was due to the id I was injecting being slightly off, but we'll see later. In terms of audio, I've still had no luck.

I made a note of my process in terms of patching the SSDT/DDSTs, so here's that:
DSDT
Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error
Fix ADBG Error
Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
IRQ Fix
SMBUS Fix
OS Check Fix (Windows 8)
Add IMEI
RTC Fix
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
Fix _WAK IAOE
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU
ASUS G75VW
USB3 _PRW(0x0D)
Haswell LPC

SSDT-0
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-1
Remove _PSS placeholders
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-2
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-6
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-7
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU
Brightness Fix (Haswell)

SSDT-8
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-9
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-10
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-11
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)​

After that I hooked up the _INI method to call _OFF, and also account for the spin method thing. I know the battery patch isn't for my laptop but it worked anyway, I just applied it because someone else did to a similar model and I was a bit lazy...

You have no patch for audio layout id.

So, I just discovered this: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC (posted by you on ****** :p)

I have never posted to ******.

But AppleALC has the same ACPI requirements as does patched AppleHDA.

I downloaded it, stuck it in my Clover kexts, deleted aDummyHDA from /S/L/E and disabled the Clover kext patches for it.
On reboot, I can see my internal speaker straight away, but I get no sound... Nor can I see my headphones or mic.

Any ideas? Do I needa clear anything after deleting aDummyHDA? Or did I forget something in the above DSDT/SSDTs?

Keep in mind using an AppleHDA injector ("dummy" HDA) requires patches to AppleHDA in config.plist.
You would have to remove those patches to use AppleALC.

Oh woops, I guessed wrong then.

In terms of AppleALC, I did remove the patches from clover (well I disabled them), and I set it to inject the audio id, which means I don't need the dsdt edit right?

Oh woops, I guessed wrong then.

In terms of AppleALC, I did remove the patches from clover (well I disabled them), and I set it to inject the audio id, which means I don't need the dsdt edit right?

ACPI edits are generally still needed (because of IRQ Fix). Sometimes you can do them from config.plist, but when testing, you should do via ACPI. Later, after you have it working, you can go back and determine if you can find the right options in Clover config.plist to do the same thing ACPI-wise.

Okay so I removed the clover inject audio bit, and patched my DSDT with layout 3, but for some reason I still have no sound. I suspect conflicting edits though, because under system report I have this (I can only see the bottom two in settings though, but neither work...):

Intel High Definition Audio:
Audio ID: 3
Internal Microphone:
Connection: Internal

Speaker:
Connection: Internal

Headphone:
Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

HDMI / DisplayPort Output:
Connection: Display​

Devices:
Built-in Microphone:
Default Input Device: Yes
Input Channels: 2
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Current SampleRate: 44100
Transport: Built-in

Built-in Output:
Default Output Device: Yes
Default System Output Device: Yes
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Output Channels: 2
Current SampleRate: 44100
Transport: Built-in​

Just thought I'd edit and say: The bottom two are new, whilst I have seen the top two in the past, but I don't know where from.

Last edited:
I looked through my DSDT/SSDTs and discovered the HDAU device in SSDT-7 had a layout id of 12, so I changed that to three.

For some reason though, according to AppleHDA Patcher's debug log (Jarvis?), there's an HDAU defined in SSDT-5, which is one of the x ones. I think that's got a layout id of 12, because it's apparently in there somewhere.

Attached are my DSDT/SSDTs, ioreg, and clover config, so if possible can you check over and see if I've missed anything.

Ideally, I want to use AppleALC with clover/DSDT edits.

Attachments

• Files.zip
    632.9 KB · Views: 45
I looked through my DSDT/SSDTs and discovered the HDAU device in SSDT-7 had a layout id of 12, so I changed that to three.

For some reason though, according to AppleHDA Patcher's debug log (Jarvis?), there's an HDAU defined in SSDT-5, which is one of the x ones. I think that's got a layout id of 12, because it's apparently in there somewhere.

Attached are my DSDT/SSDTs, ioreg, and clover config, so if possible can you check over and see if I've missed anything.

Ideally, I want to use AppleALC with clover/DSDT edits.

Did you patch for "IRQ Fix"?

According to ioreg, audio is working. What do you see in SysPrefs->Sound->Input/Output?

Yeah, I applied the IRQ fix earlier, or does it need to be applied after audio layout id patches?

In Settings, I can see 'Internal Speakers', and 'Internal Microphone'. The microphone seems to work (spikes when I clap), but the speakers have no sound...

-----

Also, literally as I was typing this my screen flashed, so I guess I didn't quite fix that. I'm injecting '0x0a260006' for 'ig-platform-id', and '0x04128086' for IntelGFX.

Edit: I plugged headphones in and it recognised them, but there's no sound from them and also they have a mic that didn't get noticed.

Well I downloaded the newer versions of FakePCIID and so far have had no graphics bugs, but still no luck with sound...

This is literally the last thing left which is really annoying!

Yeah, I applied the IRQ fix earlier, or does it need to be applied after audio layout id patches?

In Settings, I can see 'Internal Speakers', and 'Internal Microphone'. The microphone seems to work (spikes when I clap), but the speakers have no sound...

-----

Also, literally as I was typing this my screen flashed, so I guess I didn't quite fix that. I'm injecting '0x0a260006' for 'ig-platform-id', and '0x04128086' for IntelGFX.

Edit: I plugged headphones in and it recognised them, but there's no sound from them and also they have a mic that didn't get noticed.

Perhaps you need CodecCommander and have not installed it. See FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back