Contribute
Register

Looking for a bit of help with DSDT/SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied the max USB port patch (15 to 20), and installed USBInjectAll to SLE.

Keep in mind the port limit patch is not for long term use.

However it's broken USB3 (pops up saying the device needs power?).

See above comment regarding port limit patch...

Would you be able to have a look through and basically tell me if I have any obvious things I need to change, and also check that my DSDT/SSDTs are okay now?

What is the issue that I'm looking for a cause?

Also, the display flickers still occur after sleeping, so I don't know if maybe something in there will show up as the cause, or perhaps this is just something I can't fix?

Might be EDID related...

Keep in mind the port limit patch is not for long term use.
Yep, I've applied it via clover just while I followed those few instructions. I just have to squeeze in some time between studies to learn how to actually configure USBInjectAll and then configure it.

See above comment regarding port limit patch...
Yeah, I'll remove it after finishing the above. I just didn't know if that was something unusual, but I guess not.

What is the issue that I'm looking for a cause?
Well, ideally pointing out if I've done anything obviously wrong, because the last time you looked you said they were patched incorrectly, so I'm just wanting to ensure I didn't mess anything up this time.

Might be EDID related...
EDID? I'll google about that later, but thanks for the advice!
Would this be what I'm looking for? http://www.osx86.net/forums/topic/20664-guide-edid-injection/

-----

I've had a bit of a look into EDID but I don't think it's that based on my display working fine until a sleep/wake cycle. Of course it might be, so I'll give it a try. I'll also record a video so you can actually see it.

Last edited:
Well, ideally pointing out if I've done anything obviously wrong, because the last time you looked you said they were patched incorrectly, so I'm just wanting to ensure I didn't mess anything up this time.

I'll wait until you finish everything and have a specific problem...

I finally managed to catch it, so here's the video. I hope it's okay it's on a hosting site...
https://sendvid.com/3lheo1ch

Also, sorry for the watermark and advert thing at the end... The app was free.

Even when it did begin to flash, the EDID remained the same, so it doesn't seem to be that...

I finally managed to catch it, so here's the video. I hope it's okay it's on a hosting site...
https://sendvid.com/3lheo1ch

Also, sorry for the watermark and advert thing at the end... The app was free.

Even when it did begin to flash, the EDID remained the same, so it doesn't seem to be that...

I suspect it could still be EDID related. As only certain screens seem to have this problem. As to whether it can be patched or not, don't know.

Could be a framebuffer issue too...

Well, I guess I'll give the EDID injection a go, and just see what happens.

In terms of framebuffer, I feel that may be out of my league to patch...

Well, I guess I'll give the EDID injection a go, and just see what happens.

Injecting the same EDID probably won't help. The idea would be to find out what is wrong in EDID and patch it... No idea what specifically might cause the issue you have though.

In terms of framebuffer, I feel that may be out of my league to patch...

You could try increasing DVMT-prealloc and patching the framebuffer to match (there are many examples around...)

Well, I did some experimenting and discovered that when I connect to my TV via HDMI, it mirrors fine. Then, on selecting to extend instead my laptop goes rather messy, like it did when I installed and had no injection. Then, after a sleep/wake cycle, the display on my laptop works fine, and also seems to not be flashing, but I think that's just because it was a short sleep/wake cycle.

I also did some reading on DVMT, and found a few posts that felt somewhat relevant, under the guide for getting the HDxxxx working via clover (your thread). Firstly, you asked one person if their display was connected via eDP, which was interesting as when I was in Linux dumping my EDID I did see mentions of eDP, DP, and two HDMI. On my laptop I've got one HDMI out and one mini display port. The second post I found stated that the default DVMT is supposed to be 32mb? But my laptop was on 64mb in bios, and I can't go lower. I tried setting it to 128mb, but that failed to boot, so I guess I need to patch my framebuffer as you said (but I couldn't really find a guide on that...). In regards to this, I'm injecting 0x0a260006, but I was wondering if there might be a different value to try?

Thanks in advance!

Well, I did some experimenting and discovered that when I connect to my TV via HDMI, it mirrors fine. Then, on selecting to extend instead my laptop goes rather messy, like it did when I installed and had no injection. Then, after a sleep/wake cycle, the display on my laptop works fine, and also seems to not be flashing, but I think that's just because it was a short sleep/wake cycle.

I also did some reading on DVMT, and found a few posts that felt somewhat relevant, under the guide for getting the HDxxxx working via clover (your thread). Firstly, you asked one person if their display was connected via eDP, which was interesting as when I was in Linux dumping my EDID I did see mentions of eDP, DP, and two HDMI. On my laptop I've got one HDMI out and one mini display port. The second post I found stated that the default DVMT is supposed to be 32mb? But my laptop was on 64mb in bios, and I can't go lower. I tried setting it to 128mb, but that failed to boot, so I guess I need to patch my framebuffer as you said (but I couldn't really find a guide on that...). In regards to this, I'm injecting 0x0a260006, but I was wondering if there might be a different value to try?

Thanks in advance!

If your DVMT-prealloc is set to 64mb, you should patch the framebuffer data to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back