Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop: Asus GL551JW (Clover)
CPU
I7 4720HQ (2.6GHz, max 3.6GHz)
Graphics
Nvidia 960M/Intel HD4600, 1920x1080
Hey,

Well, I'm a bit of a noob with all of this, as although I have installed a few versions on my desktop, I've never touched DSDT or SSDT.

I've managed to get OSX 10.11.3 running quite happily on my laptop, although I haven't got the battery status, fn keys, audio nor disabled my discrete GPU, which is why I'm here for help.

So, some background on my build:
It's a laptop with a terabyte hard drive, and an i7 4720HQ. The onboard GPU is an HD4600, and the discrete is a 960m. From what I know, it has an alc282 for audio, and although the wifi didn't work initially, I now have a dongle. I also set up the touchpad with the elantech driver, which works nicely.

In my clover kexts I've got:
  • ACPIBacklight
  • ACPIBatteryManager (Still needa patch DSDT/SSDT for this and the above right?)
  • ApplePS2SmartTouchpad
  • FakeSMC
  • GenericUSBXHCI (apparently I might not need this?)
  • RealtekRTL8111
  • FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics
I've attached my SSDT/DSDTs, which were exported with clover, and also my clover config.

I have attempted to patch them myself, but honestly I've got absolutely no clue what I'm doing, other than guesswork.

I'm quite happy to put the work in (though i'd honestly be keen to pay someone else to because I'm a bit lazy), but I just needa bit of guidance.

Thanks!

EDIT: Removed attachments because they had my serial in them... Woops.

Last edited:
Well, with caffeine comes perseverance.

I managed to disable the Nvidia GPU, sort our compiling issues for the DSDT/SSDT, and also get battery and backlights working (both keyboard and display). I haven't figured out audio yet, and I was wondering how I can ensure I have full CI and QE support.

What exactly in ioreg tells me CI and QE are working?

Or shall I just stick my own copy up here?

Also, if I uploaded my edited DSDT/SSDTs, would you mind taking a quick look at them and tell me if there's anything I should change?

What exactly in ioreg tells me CI and QE are working?

Hard for me to explain... But you will see both evidence of the framebuffer loading (CI) as well as the accelerator (QE). If you compare an ioreg with QE/CI enabled vs. one that is not, it is pretty obvious...

Or shall I just stick my own copy up here?

If you want me to check, yes.

Also, if I uploaded my edited DSDT/SSDTs, would you mind taking a quick look at them and tell me if there's anything I should change?

Depends on if you have a specific problem to solve or not.

Okay so I've discovered a few issues, namely:
  • I can't get audio to work, trying Mirone's AppleHDAPatcher, v1.4
  • The screen flickers randomly. I'm not sure why this is, it just seems to happen once in a while for no reason
I think I might actually restart with my DSDT and SSDT patches, as I feel I missed a few steps. So I'll get back here after that.

Lastly, I'm eager to submit both my Clover folder and ioreg, but I just want to check that they don't have any personal details etc in them, or else can I submit them in a PM?

Okay so I've discovered a few issues, namely:
  • I can't get audio to work, trying Mirone's AppleHDAPatcher, v1.4
  • The screen flickers randomly. I'm not sure why this is, it just seems to happen once in a while for no reason
I think I might actually restart with my DSDT and SSDT patches, as I feel I missed a few steps. So I'll get back here after that.

Lastly, I'm eager to submit both my Clover folder and ioreg, but I just want to check that they don't have any personal details etc in them, or else can I submit them in a PM?

See ACPI patching guide for important info regarding AppleHDA related patching.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

For HD4600 issues, see guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

Yeah, I've followed both of those. I actually ended up restarting from scratch, and also configuring iMessage etc properly.

I think the issue with the flickering was due to the id I was injecting being slightly off, but we'll see later. In terms of audio, I've still had no luck.

I made a note of my process in terms of patching the SSDT/DDSTs, so here's that:
DSDT
Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error
Fix ADBG Error
Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
IRQ Fix
SMBUS Fix
OS Check Fix (Windows 8)
Add IMEI
RTC Fix
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
Fix _WAK IAOE
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU
ASUS G75VW
USB3 _PRW(0x0D)
Haswell LPC

SSDT-0
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-1
Remove _PSS placeholders
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-2
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-6
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-7
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Rename B0D3 to HDAU
Brightness Fix (Haswell)

SSDT-8
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-9
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-10
Rename GFX0 to IGPU

SSDT-11
Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)​

After that I hooked up the _INI method to call _OFF, and also account for the spin method thing. I know the battery patch isn't for my laptop but it worked anyway, I just applied it because someone else did to a similar model and I was a bit lazy...

Attached is my newly edited DSL files, along with my ioreg.

Just wondering if you could check for CI and QE support (I think it's there seeing as everything runs smoothly), and also help me out with audio.

I've got clover injected audio id 3, and I'm using Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher, which gave me a few patches to put in my clover config, and also a kext 'aDummyHDA', which I installed using Pandora's Box (was mentioned in the description of the patcher.

For some reason however, none of my audio works, I know the kext I installed is set to layout 3, and I thought mine was, however the patcher also does warn me that ioreg has layout id 12, but it doesn't know if that is for audio. It also complains about multiple HDAU/B0D3 devices, and says to eliminate them?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Removed attachments because they had my serial in them... Woops.

Last edited:
So, I just discovered this: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC (posted by you on ****** :p)

I downloaded it, stuck it in my Clover kexts, deleted aDummyHDA from /S/L/E and disabled the Clover kext patches for it.
On reboot, I can see my internal speaker straight away, but I get no sound... Nor can I see my headphones or mic.

Any ideas? Do I needa clear anything after deleting aDummyHDA? Or did I forget something in the above DSDT/SSDTs?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back