Contribute
Register

Long boot and no sleep (haswell + GA-Z97X-UD5H)

unfairgva=1 boot argument is the new way for fixing DRM

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 relates to graphics (normally if it hangs here and doesn't boot then big graphics issue!)

for a faster boot, remove:
keepsyms=1 debug=0x100

set AppleDebug to false

as per:

agdpmod=pikera shouldn't really be used

may not need:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

good chance that you do not need 2 Ethernet kexts, remove the one not needed
I tried unfairgva boot arg and removed my entry for my DGPU with shikigva, but I lost DRM from Apple doing that (the third one in Dortania test here, with TV app
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/drm.html#testing-drm ).

The IOConsoleUsers part hang there, but then the boot continue, it's just one of the moment in boot that hangs, and that don't even appear, if I diseable my IGPU in BIOS.

I've removed the 2 boot args and set AppleDebug to false.

I've removed the AHCI kext, so far so good :).

Sorry, I thought I had uploaded my EFI with just one ethernet kext, my mistake, I use only one already !

Removing pikera disable my HDMI port on DGPU :(

[edit] in system info, is that normal that under SATA/SATA Express, everything is "generic AHCI controller" ?
[edit 2] tried unfairgva=3 with no luck

Last edited:
I tried unfairgva boot arg and removed my entry for my DGPU with shikigva, but I lost DRM from Apple doing that (the third one in Dortania test here, with TV app
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/drm.html#testing-drm ).

The IOConsoleUsers part hang there, but then the boot continue, it's just one of the moment in boot that hangs, and that don't even appear, if I diseable my IGPU in BIOS.

I've removed the 2 boot args and set AppleDebug to false.

I've removed the AHCI kext, so far so good :).

Sorry, I thought I had uploaded my EFI with just one ethernet kext, my mistake, I use only one already !

Removing pikera disable my HDMI port on DGPU :(

[edit] in system info, is that normal that under SATA/SATA Express, everything is "generic AHCI controller" ?
[edit 2] tried unfairgva=3 with no luck
we can only go by the files you provide, hence the comment about 2 lan kexts

generic ahci controller is fine

best keep that agdpmod=pikera boot argument then!

just use the shiki then

we can only go by the files you provide, hence the comment about 2 lan kexts
Yes I know, I thought to have removed the kext before uploading ! My bad

So I'm still having sleep problems, and since we tweaked my config, ethernet connection dropped hugely ! I was 300mbps and dropped to 90 :(. (It was 300 with the one and only ethernet kext, not since I've removed one :)).

Still looking for what's causing the hang in boot and no sleep !

[edit] slow ethernet was because the cable was not fully inserted, don't know how it happens, I'm gonna blame the cats or the kids ! :). I have another question, perhaps related (because of bluetooth message in verbose), as advised on Tonymac, I bought a ABWB WIFI+Bluetooth Wireless PCI-E Card For Apple Hackintosh (bluetooth is broadcom 20702B0 chip) when I built my Hack, in my memory, it was out of the box, but do I need specific bluetooth and/or wifi with this now ? Could this be the problem ?

Last edited:
Yes I know, I thought to have removed the kext before uploading ! My bad

So I'm still having sleep problems, and since we tweaked my config, ethernet connection dropped hugely ! I was 300mbps and dropped to 90 :(. (It was 300 with the one and only ethernet kext, not since I've removed one :)).

Still looking for what's causing the hang in boot and no sleep !

[edit] slow ethernet was because the cable was not fully inserted, don't know how it happens, I'm gonna blame the cats or the kids ! :). I have another question, perhaps related (because of bluetooth message in verbose), as advised on Tonymac, I bought a ABWB WIFI+Bluetooth Wireless PCI-E Card For Apple Hackintosh (bluetooth is broadcom 20702B0 chip) when I built my Hack, in my memory, it was out of the box, but do I need specific bluetooth and/or wifi with this now ? Could this be the problem ?
out of interest

open up hackintool -> USB and take a screen shot of the whole section and upload it here

here you are !

Capture d’écran 2024-02-06 à 10.43.43.png

your USB setup is wrong

your internal wifi card should be set to internal

when you plugged in usb2 and usb3 devices into your machine, and they don't go green in hackintool, then those ports should be removed

normally usb3 ports are paired

ie HS01 and SS01 would both be set to USB3

same goes for HS02 and SS02 etc etc..

it may be worth starting again:

Damn, that was the longest and hardest :D (I don't know why, tried to use the tool in windows from opencore manual USB configuration, everything was wrong). I'd prefer to edit than start anew, but I understand new kext from scratch should be better.

The internal wifi card is BRCM right ? so this one internal. I will try to start anew today and see if it improves anything, thanks !

The strangest thing happened ! I removed acpi and kext from my previous mapping, installed usbinjectall, activated xhcpi to true in config file, and rebooted, cleared nvram, and some ports have disappeared in hackintool. I tried several things, then reinstalled my previous mapping, but to no change ! Whatever I try, I have the same USB hackintool window ! And I changed XHCPI mode to from enabled to auto in bios, and now I have 3 boards listed ...
This is a screenshot of hackintool
Capture d’écran 2024-02-06 à 13.16.38.png

The strangest thing happened ! I removed acpi and kext from my previous mapping, installed usbinjectall, activated xhcpi to true in config file, and rebooted, cleared nvram, and some ports have disappeared in hackintool. I tried several things, then reinstalled my previous mapping, but to no change ! Whatever I try, I have the same USB hackintool window ! And I changed XHCPI mode to from enabled to auto in bios, and now I have 3 boards listed ...
This is a screenshot of hackintool
View attachment 578226

When you make a USB change remember to click on the broom icon in the bottom row, and then the circular arrows next to it to reload. Then you will see your changes.

Yes, you should see three controllers in the top panel. This is correct for a Z97 motherboard.

:)

When you make a USB change remember to click on the broom icon in the bottom row, and then the circular arrows next to it to reload. Then you will see your changes.

Yes, you should see three controllers in the top panel. This is correct for a Z97 motherboard.

:)
Thanks SO MUCH ! Sorry for the inconvenience, to much tweaking for days I get lost :D

Back