Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Log Diagnosis for stalled new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have deactivate the igpu graphic in bios?

I will check tomorrow. I am tired
Yes. The board is odd so the only setting with iGPU is for multi monitor (which is disabled). I have the primary display set to PCIE.
Thanks again.

I think it's because Ethernet. Lock the pictures. You can deactivate in bios Ethernet to test it. Need to fix it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 9B19366A-F026-4BBB-9EA7-9D3156AEE901.jpeg
    9B19366A-F026-4BBB-9EA7-9D3156AEE901.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 40
  • C9BA6346-1951-4BF7-B90D-B1D55C958B8B.jpeg
    C9BA6346-1951-4BF7-B90D-B1D55C958B8B.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 41
View attachment 545352

A common problem with a (usually) simple solution.
Use the forum Search tool to look for 1689.
Thanks, I was able to clear out my AppleI210 issue. Some combination of dropping in the FAKEPCIID_Intel_I225-V and IntelMausi kexts and adjusting the Plist probably got it to work.
The system still hangs right after Nuvoton NCT679BD. I doubt a temp sensor could be stalling this boot.
I've looked through probably 40 threads to try and find specific fixes, but nothing came up relevant to my build. I've seen you pointing folks around in many of the posts as a Mod. Am I missing something painfully obviously to a vet but not a rookie (me)?

Thanks, I was able to clear out my AppleI210 issue. Some combination of dropping in the FAKEPCIID_Intel_I225-V and IntelMausi kexts and adjusting the Plist probably got it to work.
The system still hangs right after Nuvoton NCT679BD. I doubt a temp sensor could be stalling this boot.
I've looked through probably 40 threads to try and find specific fixes, but nothing came up relevant to my build. I've seen you pointing folks around in many of the posts as a Mod. Am I missing something painfully obviously to a vet but not a rookie (me)?
Okay if it helps I've rebuilt another EFI for you. This is based upon one I recently built for someone else and was confirmed worked on an Asus Z490 with an AMD RX580 card. This is has been updated to latest OC 0.7.8. and adjusted for your i7 10700K CPU & IGPU.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.8 MB · Views: 51
Okay if it helps I've rebuilt another EFI for you. This is based upon one I recently built for someone else and was confirmed worked on an Asus Z490 with an AMD RX580 card. This is has been updated to latest OC 0.7.8. and adjusted for your i7 10700K CPU & IGPU.
Darn. It didn't help but I really appreciate you taking a look at the file. After that I put my fenviT919 card in just in case that would change anything. This also failed with the Nuvton NCT679BD line close by. It wouldn't get me as far as I was: GUI choice between catalina install and SSD.
The screenshot is from reloading my EFI that got me to the GUI interface with the FenviT919 card inserted. Still stuck on APFS module 1689 with the Nuvoton NCT679BD in the line previous. This is my prime suspect for the troubles. I uploaded my current Plist to show where everything is pointing.

Attachments

• tempImagemMT9fM.png
    tempImagemMT9fM.png
    14.3 MB · Views: 39
  • config.plist
    31.2 KB · Views: 38
Darn. It didn't help but I really appreciate you taking a look at the file. After that I put my fenviT919 card in just in case that would change anything. This also failed with the Nuvton NCT679BD line close by. It wouldn't get me as far as I was: GUI choice between catalina install and SSD.
The screenshot is from reloading my EFI that got me to the GUI interface with the FenviT919 card inserted. Still stuck on APFS module 1689 with the Nuvoton NCT679BD in the line previous. This is my prime suspect for the troubles. I uploaded my current Plist to show where everything is pointing.
Have you tried to run the ResetNVRAM function before rebooting the new EFI? It could help. Also note you cannot simply just copy over the config.list file settings, but must use the complete EFI folder I provided. OC 0.7.8 is a significant update over 0.6.5. and to boot properly requires all of the files present there, which also includes newer updates of Lilu, Whatevergreen etc.

If Bluetooth is the main issue then I’d disable the BT kexts and try again.

Still stuck on APFS module 1689 with the Nuvoton NCT679BD in the line previous.
Forget about Nuvoton NCT679BD - That line is just the sensor kext that you have installed reporting the detection.
The real issue is the apfs_module_start:1689 as I told you previously.

A common problem with a (usually) simple solution.
Use the forum Search tool to look for 1689.
The Catalina installer interacts with the EC device in some way and if it does not find it then it stalls at that point.
If you do not have an EC device then you should spoof one by way of an SSDT file.

Last edited:
Forget about Nuvoton NCT679BD - That line is just the sensor kext that you have installed reporting the detection.
The real issue is the apfs_module_start:1689 as I told you previously.

The Catalina installer interacts with the EC device in some way and if it does not find it then it stalls at that point.
If you do not have an EC device then you should spoof one by way of an SSDT file.
Thanks P1LGRIM. I swapped out the SSDT-EC file I had with the SSDT-EC-USX-DESKTOP version and adjusted my config.plist. This got me past the hurdle and I was able to setup the machine. I got sound, iServices, and booted without a USB so I should be all set for a bit.
Anyways - Special thanks to @Hecatomb @Middleman and yourself for help on this. I very much appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back