Contribute
Register

Lion on GA-X79-UD5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah,

I also found in the linux drivers that the ALC898 has actually the same patch and pin-layouts as the ALC882 (uses the same driver). We could indeed also use the VoodooHDA2.7.2.

Yesterday, I looked at the DSDT again, and noticed how awfull the structure is... Really a mess. So tonight, I'll extract a vanilla again (from windows this time), and see if it looks better, and re-patch it again. Otherwise have some clean up to do.

Also th CPU part is different layout compared to other DSDTs (8 cores /16 Threads, states C0 trough C3 (so C000-C00F/C100-C10F/C2 ...)

We 'll see where it goes from here... :thumbup:

P.S.: It seems that not so many people are busy/interested in this board... :rolleyes:

yes it will take time to tune this motherboard.
as you can see most of the post are on the asus x79
i hope you will fix the dsdt as much as you can right now my studio works great i can
record and mix and shutdown the computer :D
let me know if you made any changes to DSDT i'll keep visit this post all the time.

thanks again for your big help :headbang:

Can you please PM me the audio codec dump taken from Linux?

I have done a lot of work on the ALC898 on my ASUS X79 board so far, but am not yet successful. I am curious if your board is using ALC899 like mine is, or if it is really suing ALC898.

You can find information on collecting the codec dump here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.p ... wtopic=465

You can download a Ubuntu Live CD and boot from it, run the command in terminal, transfer/email the output from there.

Thanks!

I am following this topic with great interest. I am currently compiling 2 rendernodes with this processor and motherboard. You guys are also talking about the Asus P9X79 Pro, is it a better (compatible) alternative? And did you already tried cinebench 11.5? I am very interested in the score.

ErikCore said:
I am following this topic with great interest. I am currently compiling 2 rendernodes with this processor and motherboard. You guys are also talking about the Asus P9X79 Pro, is it a better (compatible) alternative? And did you already tried cinebench 11.5? I am very interested in the score.

I will post my cb scores later this evening, first some family stuff to take care of...
I noticed that the opengl scores are depending very much on cpu. I score higher than the firegl.

You 'll find my CineBench 11.5 scores in attachment.

OpenGL: 55.43 fps
CPU: 12.03 pts

This is with the cpu @ 4.2Ghz and RAM @ 2133Mhz.
I use MacPro5,1 in smbios.plist
Temperatures stay nice and stable.
Have to work on native CPUPM though.

Greetz

Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 20.02.31.png
Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 20.03.45.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 20.02.31.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 20.02.31.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 567
  • Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 20.03.45.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-03 at 20.03.45.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 533
What temperatures do you get? Is 4,2 ghz with the Noctua stable (for 3d rendering)?

ErikCore said:

I have a stable build on an ASUS P9X79 Pro. The problem is that I am starting to despair of getting AppleHDA to work. I spent a lot of time editing AppleHDA and know that I did it properly, yet I get no audio out. Everything looks like it is working normally, but no cigar.

I bought an ASUS P9X79 instead (still waiting for it to arrive) since it uses ALC892. I will continue to work on ALC898 (ALC899 for p9x79 pro), but VCH888 and Toleda have given up without knowing why it is not working, so I have little hope.

maleorderbride said:
Can you please PM me the audio codec dump taken from Linux?

I have done a lot of work on the ALC898 on my ASUS X79 board so far, but am not yet successful. I am curious if your board is using ALC899 like mine is, or if it is really suing ALC898.

You can find information on collecting the codec dump here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.p ... wtopic=465

You can download a Ubuntu Live CD and boot from it, run the command in terminal, transfer/email the output from there.

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply, had trouble extracting the codec in Debian (tried Ubuntu Live, and that worked well). I did patch my dsdt, and managed to get the volume control, all inputs/outputs and jack-sensing; but no sound. Also getting the sound-assertion error in console.

If you need the HDEF dsdt-part:
Code:
            Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x05,
                        0x04  // Original value 0x05
                    })
                }
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x0E)
                        {
                            "codec-id",
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x98, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                            },
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x82, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                            },
                            "model",
                            Buffer (0x1A)
                            {
                                "Realtek ALC898 Controller"
                            },
                            "subsystem-vendor-id",
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                            },  // Subsystem = [106b:00a0] Apple device
                            "subsystem-id",
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            },  // Subsystem = [106b:00a0] Apple device
                            "platformFamily",
                            Buffer (0x01) {Zero},
                            "PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (0x01) {Zero}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

card1-codec#2.txt

Attachments

• card1-codec#2.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back