Graphics
Intel HD 3000 / GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

Need a bit of help here

It's my first shot at this "CustoMac"-thing.. I've succeeded with a pre made distro before with some kexts from another distro (but was on a laptop). Now i own a Macbook Pro and own a copy of Snow Leopard and Lion and want to install Lion on my newly assembled desktop with following specs:

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 gen3
i5 2500k
Corsair Vengeance 2*2GB ram
Crucial M4 SSD

all in a Fractal Design XL case - still need a GFX buying a 670 or 680 asap :)

I've tried to read all the guides on the new and old tonymacx86 sites with no luck

I've used the UniBeast Lion Edition with Lion on an USB-stick, but when i selected the Lion USB from the UniBeast boot menu i get Kernel Panic saying i need to restart the system??

I have set my BIOS to AHCI have I forgotten something? I don't really know what all the DSDT is about?

Thanks for any help!

Update!

Hello,

I've just tried with the UniBeast again but this time I created the USB-stick with the downloaded Lion Installer App in my Application Folder

This time there was no Kernel Panic.. The Apple logo appears and I can see it loading but after some a "stop sign" shows up over the Apple Logo.

Have tried the different boot flags except:

PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=No

As I am using onboard graphics :eek:)

Am I missing something important?

EDIT: In verbose mode i get this message:

"USBF: AppleUSBEHCI[0xf...]::Found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 0x1d, timing out!"

After i get that message 5 times it ends up saying:

"Still waiting for root device"

Should I check the "Legacy USB support rollback" checkbook when creating my UniBeast USB?

Okay this is weird!

I've tried with the bootflag: "PCIRootUID=0" and the PC freezes during the spinning wheel..

Then tried with "PCIRootUID=1" and i reach the installer! Format my SSD correct etc and start installing but when i'm half done the installer says there is a failure during install and I only got the option to restart my system.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Okay :S I can reach the installer now without any bootflags! Don't know why though..

but I still get the "Install Failed" message

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2066/2248897073_b7d2750cbb_z.jpg

been trying in safe mode - can't reach installer
verbose mode - reach installer; same problem
GraphicsEnabler=No - reach installer; same problem
PCIRoodUID=0 and =1 - reach installer ; same problem

What is wrong? My thumb drive or what?

Thanks for any help!

No one got a clue about what to do?

Have seen else on the forum with exact same setup succesfully installed Lion?

My thumb drive is a 8GB Kingston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back