CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Previously, I had an issue where my system would not boot up after a Clover update. Thankfully, I was able to use the shell from the Clover boot menu to fix the issue and was successfully able to update to macOS Catalina. However, since then, my line out audio and headphone jack have not been functioning, and line out doesn't even show up as an option for audio output. I have played around with Clover Configurator, including changing the Inject Audio number and disabling and re-enabling ResetHDA, and I have also installed WhateverGreen.kext and have had no luck. I have been using AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext, as my motherboard uses the ALC1220 audio codec. Also, I have seen online that I should change the layout-id number in the bottom box under "Properties" in the Devices section, but I have no devices listed. I have tried adding one and adding the layout-id property myself, but it still doesn't work. What should I do?

Previously, I had an issue where my system would not boot up after a Clover update. Thankfully, I was able to use the shell from the Clover boot menu to fix the issue and was successfully able to update to macOS Catalina. However, since then, my line out audio and headphone jack have not been functioning, and line out doesn't even show up as an option for audio output. I have played around with Clover Configurator, including changing the Inject Audio number and disabling and re-enabling ResetHDA, and I have also installed WhateverGreen.kext and have had no luck. I have been using AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext, as my motherboard uses the ALC1220 audio codec. Also, I have seen online that I should change the layout-id number in the bottom box under "Properties" in the Devices section, but I have no devices listed. I have tried adding one and adding the layout-id property myself, but it still doesn't work. What should I do?

If you look at

https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

you'll see a history of various IDs added for ALC1220. It looks like version 1.3.6 has the comment

Added ALC1220 layout-id 27 for Gigabyte-Z370-HD3P by lostwolf

Its not exactly your board but it is a Gigabyte Z370; you might give it a try. Use the latest AppleALC, Lilu, and WEG
set Inject Audio to No, and set your layout-ID to 27 in Device Properties or as a boot argument

alc-id=27

If you're not sure of the Device Properties format, you can use Hackintool to generate the pci plist entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back