Contribute
Register

Lepus48's Asus Strix Z370-F, with i7-8700k / RX 570 / 2x 4k Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get it to work using Clover Configurator - injected the audio #

Can you provide more detail on this, or anyone else who has the audio working? I just did a new install on Asus Z370-F and was able to get everything working except audio. Fresh install was with 10.3.5. Has anybody had luck with this? Audio is not working with the most recent release of MultiBeast - High Sierra 10.3.0 using this method:

Run MultiBeast and select:
100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support
200 / Z370 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Patch
Build -> Install
Reboot
Run MultiBeast again and select:
ALC1220A (ASUS ROG STRIX Only)
Reboot again

Thank you in advance for any help. I attached the MultiBeast configuration I used on first reboot, second reboot.

Other random comments:
During installation, system crashed and rebooted on the secondary install section where you first boot the installer from the internal disk, but upon a second try it was able to complete.

Instead of moving my RAM to slots A1 and B1, I kept them in the motherboard manual recommended A2/B2 so they would not interfere with my heat sink and used config.plist to specify where the memory was, and that worked fine.

Attachments

• Multibeast Config (Step 1, Reboot).pdf
    20.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Multibeast Config (Step 2, 1220A Audio Codec, Reboot).pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
@Lepus48
I just installed recent High Sierra using your instruction and I have the following issues

1. Sleep is not working - The system automatically wakes up as soon as it sleeps
2. Usb 3.0 port are not working (works only in usb 2.0 mode)

I would like to know what DSDT and SSDT patches are required for this mobo.

There is also no option to set the usb port limit in clover as mentioned in your instruction.

P.S:
I am new to hackinthosh in desktop environment, I did hackinthosh back in 2015 in my Fujitsu NB when I couldn't afford a Macbook pro. Now doing it again because of underperformance of the Macbook Pro I have.

I am trying to understand https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/ and create patch myself but it seems like a long process and have to learn a lot of things. so for now as a quick fix I am looking for a stable system to carry out my development for Apple platform devices (I am a programmer) till I get involved with hackinthosh community and contribute :) so any help is appreciated

Hi @Lenus48

I'm about to buy a MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 8G OC and I would like to know your exact RX 570 model. Your Amazon link is still about your previous Nvidia GPU.
Is everything working OOB with your RX 570? No problem with sleep and the fans speed?
It's difficult to have feedback on the MSI RX 570 ARMOR with a Hackintosh, does not seem to be a popular GPU.

Thx in advance.

Hello,
Thank you for your guide. With it i was able to get my system to work to 99%.
I'm still struggling with some issues:
- Audio - I have audio working but it stops after sleep.
- Audio works but no microphone
- Sleep/Hibernation - Sometimes when i afk from the computer it goes to sleep and i cannot wake it up. I think it was something related to hibernation since it haven't happened again after disabling hibernation.

Can any of you provide me any input?

I'm getting an issue where by it says "Please power down and connect the PCIe cables to graphics cards"

This only happens when I follow the settings you've listed in the OP. If I load back to the default settings, I don't get that error.

I just upgraded to 64GB of ram, but I can't get all 4 sticks to show up. I have tried adding them in the SmBIOS with no luck. Do you have any trick to try?

Look into the 2 attachments from op with config-memory in the name. That is all you have to do. Just add your 4 sticks with the right size, description, frequency and select dual-channel for configuration. I really don't understand myself why the hack we have to do this on ASUS boards as it is only required to do so for ASUS boards. BTW, I love ASUS boards :banghead:

config-memory.plist

How did you setup your 4K monitors with respect to macOS? I ask because the default presentation is very tiny text. TIA.

Hi Stork...I've a question for you, I know you've mentioned in one of your post regarding RX 580 working out of the box on 10.12.6?

is this still the case or would I have to upgrade to High Sierra, as my build is currently working hassle free, I'm trying to avoid moving to H.S. I might hold off until Mojave comes out.

thanks for your advice

My Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB (which is supported by Apple) worked great in 10.12.6 with a System Definition of iMac18,3. However, as I noted in MyHero II's build description:
the 10.13.4 Supplemental Update "broke" the use of my RX 580's DP ports using the System Definition (SMBIOS) iMac18,3 which I used since Sierra 10.12.6. I regained the use of the DP ports by changing the System Definition to iMac14,2.
That being said, the MultiBeast default of iMac14,2 works great with even processor power management working great.

So, it's up to you. I've been running the Mojave Public Betas, and Mojave is coming along very nicely IMHO. However, if you're going to buy a RX 580, get the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB model as it works OOB with Apple support.

My Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB (which is supported by Apple) worked great in 10.12.6 with a System Definition of iMac18,3. However, as I noted in MyHero II's build description:
That being said, the MultiBeast default of iMac14,2 works great with even processor power management working great.

So, it's up to you. I've been running the Mojave Public Betas, and Mojave is coming along very nicely IMHO. However, if you're going to buy a RX 580, get the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB model as it works OOB with Apple support.

-------

Stork
thanks for your reply...unfortunately in Australia..I can't get that particular model...even trying to get my hands on the MSI version, I'm still waiting for supplier to get an ETA..

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back