Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z50-70 can't reach installer, Help Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your choice.

Keep in mind some Lenovo laptops allow cards not documented in the service manual (my u430 accepts a Azurewave BCM94352HMB even though it is not listed as an official part).

Mr RehabMan

I will flash a modified BIOS so I will be able to replace my wifi card >> So please can I take your advice for a card which is new and best performance and compatible with El Capitan and next generations of OS X to buy it and implement it in the modified BIOS ?? no matter what price it is but it should be great and compatible

Because I don't know which one is compatible and good and giving best performance in both windows and OS X so help with name and model is highly appreciate it

Sincerely ..

Mr RehabMan

I will flash a modified BIOS so I will be able to replace my wifi card >> So please can I take your advice for a card which is new and best performance and compatible with El Capitan and next generations of OS X to buy it and implement it in the modified BIOS ?? no matter what price it is but it should be great and compatible

Because I don't know which one is compatible and good and giving best performance in both windows and OS X so help with name and model is highly appreciate it

Sincerely ..

The BCM94352HMB. Sells for ~$30 on ebay.

That assumes your laptop accepts half-mini PCIe. You should check. Some newer laptops use NGFF (BCM94352Z).

Before flashing a patched BIOS, flash latest BIOS from Lenovo and test. It may "just work"...

That assumes your laptop accepts half-mini PCIe. You should check. Some newer laptops use NGFF (BCM94352Z).

Thanks really for helping me >> please can you guide me on how to check if it's accept half-meni PCIe or if it's uses NGFF ??

Do you mean from it's shape ? because [h=1]BCM94352Z has one screw in the centre of the back while the BCM94352HMB has 2 screws in the edge sides of the back so do you mean the shape or something else in the motherboard ??[/h]

also in the specification it says not compatible with lenovo / hp >> so it needs modified BIOS or maybe it will work even it they are saying that ?

• Broadcom BCM94352HMB
  • WI1 chip1: Broadcom BCM4352
  • Dualband 2.4 Ghz und 5 Ghz abgn+ac, 2x2
  • 802.11A/B/G/N+ AC 867 Mbps DUALBAND Wireless Lan Karte mit Broadcom BCM4352 Chipsatz 2.4 Ghz und 5 Ghz 802.11N WLAN wird unterstützt sowie 5 Ghz und Bluetooth 4.0!<br> 802.11AC Routers need to support
  • Not compatible with HP/Lenovo

Thanks really for helping me >> please can you guide me on how to check if it's accept half-meni PCIe or if it's uses NGFF ??

Refer to your service manual, or physically inspect the hardware.

also in the specification it says not compatible with lenovo / hp >> so it needs modified BIOS or maybe it will work even it they are saying that ?

Seller CYA.

Refer to your service manual, or physically inspect the hardware.

Seller CYA.

I read the service manual now >> I think it's PCIe ?

• G50-70m/Z50-70/Z50-75:GPU: PCIe 2.0, 5GT/sWLAN: PCIe 1.0, 2.5GT/sRAM: DDR3L, 1600MT/sLCD: eDP 1.2, 5.4GT/sHDMI Port: HDMI 1.4, 1.65GT/sHDD: SATA 3.0, 6Gb/sODD: SATA 1.0, 1.5Gb/sUSB Port: USB 3.0, 5Gb/sUSB 2.0, 480Mb/sBT: USB2.0, 480Mb/sCard Reader: SD3.0, 50Mb/s VGA: DP to VGA (G50-70m/Z50-70) VGA: VGA (Z50-75m)SMBus 2.0LPC 1.1HDASPI

I read the service manual now >> I think it's PCIe ?

• G50-70m/Z50-70/Z50-75:GPU: PCIe 2.0, 5GT/sWLAN: PCIe 1.0, 2.5GT/sRAM: DDR3L, 1600MT/sLCD: eDP 1.2, 5.4GT/sHDMI Port: HDMI 1.4, 1.65GT/sHDD: SATA 3.0, 6Gb/sODD: SATA 1.0, 1.5Gb/sUSB Port: USB 3.0, 5Gb/sUSB 2.0, 480Mb/sBT: USB2.0, 480Mb/sCard Reader: SD3.0, 50Mb/s VGA: DP to VGA (G50-70m/Z50-70) VGA: VGA (Z50-75m)SMBus 2.0LPC 1.1HDASPI

No way to know from that spec. NGFF connects to PCIe.

You need to look at the parts proposed for replacement (FRUs). Physical inspection is also a good idea.

Blurry, but looks like NGFF to me.

Also confirmed by your service manual (page 80):
WirelessLan_Non_Intel, Cbt BCM43162 1x1AC+BT4.0 PCIE M.2 WLAN

WirelessLan_Intel, Intel 3160 1x1AC+BT PCIE NGFF WLAN

So that means mine is NGFF >> OK I will buy it

But as I was looking around I found that the link you gave it to me the price is 59.99$ while I was searching by the name of this card I found on another places at price 35$ or 33$ or about 40$ BUT the picture of the link you sent to me is written there CS1 Sample while the others which I found the picture was not CS1 sample .

So I searched about it and I found some people here in this forum also speaking about this subject !!

So what is the difference between CS1 Sample and normal one which is less expensive ??

Sincerely ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back