Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z50-70 can't reach installer, Help Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. but when I click on SEN (Sensors) on the menu bar it's not showing only Hard Drive 33" while I installed your latest FakeSMC and all it's sensors kexts !

No idea what "SEN" is.

Also I think the RAM usage is more than the normal because I have only 3.4 GB left from 8 GB while I am not running any heavy program only browser ! So can you check please ??

RAM is there to be used. Unused RAM is wasted.

No idea what program that is. I don't use it.

I didn't understand what do you mean by unused RAM is wasted but is this usage normal ?

Unused RAM is wasted RAM. The system will always try to use it for something (eg. caching), but will be willing to shift the use around as required.

because I feel some delay in opening a program or even system preferences it takes some time Jumping in the Dock !

More likely HDD I/O delay or just a slow program. SSD can help with slow program start.

No idea what program that is. I don't use it.

OK thanks for information I am planning to buy an SSD later and use the HDD for DATA .

So can you advice me with the proper way to test the sensors weather it's working or not ?

OK thanks for information I am planning to buy an SSD later and use the HDD for DATA .

So can you advice me with the proper way to test the sensors weather it's working or not ?

The FakeSMC plugins are designed for HwMonitor. In the image you showed of HwMonitor, it appears to be working.

Hello RehabMan , Please help me with this weird problem !

I was experimenting things and some succeeded and some not so I tried to make a fresh install , the problem is that El Capitan disk utility doesn't offer to make partition HDD as Free Space anymore !

and I need to make a free space partition because I have only one HDD and I want to make a Dual Boot so this free space I will use it when making a windows partition in windows installation ( I use only this way because I don't know another way for Dual boot)

So I prepared 2 different USB one is 8 GB another is 16 Gb >> the 16 GB is for El Capitan and it's booting and reaching the installer well and 8 Gb is for Yosemite because Yosemite offer partitioning Free Space So I want to boot first by Yosemite Partition my HDD then boot with El Capitan to install .

I followed the previous post when you was helping Raff and followed the guide and now the problem is Yosemite installer is not booting , it stucks at the picture which I will show and then many many sentences appearing very fast then it stopping on the same picture and so on >>

here is the picture : http://s18.postimg.org/bhcw8dmp5/IMG_20151009_012005595.jpg

I tried even by copying the same CLOVER folder from El Capitan USB to the another one but also the same problem

And here is both Clover for both USBs : View attachment CLOVER-ElCapitan.rar View attachment CLOVER-Yosemite.rar

Sorry for long story I was trying to explain the situation

Hello RehabMan , Please help me with this weird problem !

I was experimenting things and some succeeded and some not so I tried to make a fresh install , the problem is that El Capitan disk utility doesn't offer to make partition HDD as Free Space anymore !

and I need to make a free space partition because I have only one HDD and I want to make a Dual Boot so this free space I will use it when making a windows partition in windows installation ( I use only this way because I don't know another way for Dual boot)

So I prepared 2 different USB one is 8 GB another is 16 Gb >> the 16 GB is for El Capitan and it's booting and reaching the installer well and 8 Gb is for Yosemite because Yosemite offer partitioning Free Space So I want to boot first by Yosemite Partition my HDD then boot with El Capitan to install .

I followed the previous post when you was helping Raff and followed the guide and now the problem is Yosemite installer is not booting , it stucks at the picture which I will show and then many many sentences appearing very fast then it stopping on the same picture and so on >>

here is the picture : http://s18.postimg.org/bhcw8dmp5/IMG_20151009_012005595.jpg

I tried even by copying the same CLOVER folder from El Capitan USB to the another one but also the same problem

And here is both Clover for both USBs : View attachment 155145 View attachment 155146

Sorry for long story I was trying to explain the situation

EFI/Clover folder is not correct. Missing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. GenericUSBXHCI.kext does not work on 10.11. FakeSMC is not the one linked from the guide. Neither is VoodooPS2Controller.kext. The config.plist is not from the guide either.

Follow guide as written: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Hello RehabMan, Sorry for long post But I just wanna make sure that everything is OK after those changes >> Today I upgraded my laptop from HDD to SSD also I used a DVD Rom Caddy to put the HDD instead of DVD ROM and

Also I replaced the Wifi Card for the one that you advised me to use (Thank you so much) I tried to use it normally but after booting it says "Unauthorized Wifi Card" so I flashed a hacked BIOS and then It worked perfectly .

I extracted a new Native DSDT SSDTs files from linux after I flashed the BIOS because I thought maybe it's gonna be changed from the official BIOS version .

So the Wifi and bluetooth is now working after applying FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2 kext also I used BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and it worked >> then I applied the patch to the Config.plist for activating the Hand Off and it has been activated .

Now the 5GHZ I am not sure if it's working or not and Actually I couldn't understand how to activate it from the guide so please if you can inform me with some solution .

Also I generate the SSDT for power management using ssdtPRGen.sh >> ./ssdtPRGen.sh -c 2 (2 for choosing haswell) So is it correct ? and I don't know if PM is working in El Capitan or not Because DCPIManager is not working in El Capitan anymore for testing P State >> So how can I check the PM in El Capitan can you teach me ?

Please rehabMan I don't know if my system is working good or it lacks for something to do more because I became suspicious after flashing the Hacked BIOS so please if you have some time to check and tell me what I have to do more if my system lack for something

I will attach the patchmatic and IOReg with Clover folder and System.log : View attachment RehabMan Files.zip

Sincerely ..

Now the 5GHZ I am not sure if it's working or not and Actually I couldn't understand how to activate it from the guide so please if you can inform me with some solution .

The 5Ghz patch for US (north america) is in my u430 repo.

Also I generate the SSDT for power management using ssdtPRGen.sh >> ./ssdtPRGen.sh -c 2 (2 for choosing haswell) So is it correct ? and I don't know if PM is working in El Capitan or not Because DCPIManager is not working in El Capitan anymore for testing P State >> So how can I check the PM in El Capitan can you teach me ?

Use AppleIntelInfo.kext or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext or Intel Power Gadget.

The 5Ghz patch for US (north america) is in my u430 repo.

Use AppleIntelInfo.kext or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext or Intel Power Gadget.

Thanks a lot for the informations >> about the 5GHZ >> I am not living in the US I live In Georgia (The Country not the State in the US)

And also I just installed the Intel Power Gadget but I don't know it PM working or not Here is the Picture :

http://s13.postimg.org/cp097urjb/Screen_Shot_2015_10_20_at_6_55_16_PM.png

At last what do you see from my System.log or from the files? do my system lack for something else or some additional patch or editing or it's fully working ?

Thanks again for you time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back