Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover patches SMBIOS anyway...

I wonder if I get a Lenovo branded BCM M.2 Wifi card, If I can tweak the technique used in FakePCIID_AR9280_as_AR946x to defeat the whitelist

I wonder if I get a Lenovo branded BCM M.2 Wifi card, If I can tweak the technique used in FakePCIID_AR9280_as_AR946x to defeat the whitelist

If your Lenovo branded BCM card is accepted and compatible with OS X, no need for rebranding technique...

Hey

We share some characteristics (I have a Lenovo Ideapad 710s 13 inch Kaby Lake).

I was wondering, have you happened to get your SD card reader working? If not, perhaps you know the model and vendor for it? That might help me identifying my own.

We also have the same incompatible WiFi (QCA6174). Let me know if you find anything useful on it. It bugs me Clover identifies it as Atheros Airport, but that may be solely due to the Vendor ID and not the Device ID..

If you need help patching your audio, check if you have the ALC236 codec. There's a working AppleHDA patch for it on this board, check it out https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/resolved-realtek-alc236.210821/page-3

Yes, I have successfully installed OSX on the Yoga 910, and just tweaking hardware configuration. I have to (just bought it on ebay and hasn't shipped yet) buy a USB type-c hub to do the USB patching, but I'm considering putting OSX on the backburner and trying for macOS Sierra, since the install was successful of OSX.

Excellent. I'm going to admit that I have had some difficulty following your discussion with Rehabman so far. I've built a hackintosh before, but it was largely a golden build, and so the steps seemed simpler.

Looking at your progress now, would you be able to cobble together an installation guide? I'm sure others in the community would appreciate it—I know I would!

Also, you mentioned wanting to install Sierra: any progress there?

Excellent. I'm going to admit that I have had some difficulty following your discussion with Rehabman so far. I've built a hackintosh before, but it was largely a golden build, and so the steps seemed simpler.

Looking at your progress now, would you be able to cobble together an installation guide? I'm sure others in the community would appreciate it—I know I would!

It's pretty simple up until DSDT and SSDT patching. I mean I can try, but I had to reimage my computer and I lost all of the mac install ( I will start writing things down for a guide, but idk how good the guide would be).

Also, you mentioned wanting to install Sierra: any progress there?

There was, but once I [sucsessfully] installed macOS Sierra (10.12.3) after doing the class code for the NVMe SSD (SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml), after a reboot it couldn't detect the drive. I restarted the whole NVMe patching process again, but the installer still won't detect the drive. (Rehabman, any input?)

Hey

We share some characteristics (I have a Lenovo Ideapad 710s 13 inch Kaby Lake).

I was wondering, have you happened to get your SD card reader working? If not, perhaps you know the model and vendor for it? That might help me identifying my own.

The YOGA 910 does not have an SD card reader.

We also have the same incompatible WiFi (QCA6174). Let me know if you find anything useful on it. It bugs me Clover identifies it as Atheros Airport, but that may be solely due to the Vendor ID and not the Device ID.

I've recently been really interested in rebranding techniques, so you might find some luck there (if the QCA6174 will even work with rebranding)

If you need help patching your audio, check if you have the ALC236 codec. There's a working AppleHDA patch for it on this board, check it out https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/resolved-realtek-alc236.210821/page-3

I know nothing about checking to see what audio codec I have, I've tried all of the windows techniques (dxdiag, Device Manager, msinfo32, etc). Any advice on how to check audio codec?
EDIT: I might have the ALC299, but still not sure

There was, but once I [sucsessfully] installed macOS Sierra (10.12.3) after doing the class code for the NVMe SSD (SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml), after a reboot it couldn't detect the drive. I restarted the whole NVMe patching process again, but the installer still won't detect the drive. (Rehabman, any input?)

See NVMe guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I've recently been really interested in rebranding techniques, so you might find some luck there (if the QCA6174 will even work with rebranding)

Rebranding is not for making unsupported WiFi hardware work.
It is for taking supported WiFi hardware, rebranding it as unsupported hardware (to satisfy BIOS whitelist), then remapping the IDs, so that OS X/macOS can load the appropriate driveres.

I know nothing about checking to see what audio codec I have, I've tried all of the windows techniques (dxdiag, Device Manager, msinfo32, etc). Any advice on how to check audio codec?
EDIT: I might have the ALC299, but still not sure

Get audio codec dump from Linux.

See NVMe guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

The drive shows with 10_11_5 patch in Sierra, so I'll try to install

Rebranding is not for making unsupported WiFi hardware work.
It is for taking supported WiFi hardware, rebranding it as unsupported hardware (to satisfy BIOS whitelist), then remapping the IDs, so that OS X/macOS can load the appropriate driveres.

Get audio codec dump from Linux.
Thanks for the dump tip!

Also lspci shows 8086:282a, does this mean I can boot with RST and use SATA-RAID-282a.kext?

And post #4
Set to SATA to AHCI mode (don't forget about SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext).
Was (or is) this needed? I installed without it, so I don't really think it will make a difference.

Audio:
Code:
Codec: Realtek Generic
Address: 0
AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0299

Okay, Sierra installed successfully, but acceleration is NOT working. Attached files

Attachments

• Josiah’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 160
  • kextstat.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 84
  • EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back