Contribute
Register

Lenovo W530 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the dsdt anymore. I deleted my OS X install a while ago and was using Ubuntu instead. I've been planning to reinstall it to use Xcode, but the ssd I was using failed. Once I get a replacement, I'll install again and can work on the dsdt stuff.

Here is the guide that I got most of my dsdt patches from:
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=102098

This guide has a lot of extra things in it, but I haven't tried much of it:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/273621-guide-os-x-lion-on-thinkpad-w520/

Okay, so I tried it out, and I've managed to get it to have a normal resolution! Okay, it looks fine and all, but I can't boot without the safe mode flag. My boot hangs when it shows the MAC address of the machine. Also, there's still some shearing in the graphics (eg. Launchpad flashes when moving the icons), though that could be because of safe mode. I tried following the OEM kext stuff, but I can't find the kext itself in the System/Library/Extensions folder.

Also, thanks Technifighter!

Edit: ThinkpadUltraNav works, but VoodooHDA doesn't. Again, probably because safe mode.

Have you always had to use safe mode to boot? I never had to use safe mode to get Lion to boot, so I'm not sure why you would be having problems with Mountian Lion.

VoodooHDA is known to cause problems sometimes, so you could try deleting that and booting without safe mode. Remove
- VoodooHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and
- VoodooHDA.prefpane from /System/Library/PreferencePanes

Have you figured out the safe mode thing yet?

I got a replacement drive and should have some time to install OS X this weekend. I should be able to help more once I have an install to work with.

Yeah I've always had to boot in safe mode. Even during the installation I believe. It might be just a new issue with mountain lion, though not sure. Ill try getting rid of VoodooHDA.

I think I just had to remove a kext to make normal boot work, I'm pretty sure it was OemSmbios.kext.

Has There been any luck with the Discrete Graphics? I would like to be able to use the Quadro for CS6 and matlab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back