Contribute
Register

Lenovo W530 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh solid, so everything is good now?

For the most part. Now onto getting the drivers and proper kexts installed.... Got the "Still waiting for root device" error after installing all the kexts in this thread, so far I have to boot in safe mode and the graphics are in 1024x768.

Hi all,

New to the x86 stuff. I have a W530, i7, which came setup with RAID0 (320Gb HDDs). I have since removed the second drive and have Windows 7 installed on the one HDD. I used the Shrink utility in Disk Management in Windows to partition a space for the OSX install.

I am trying to install OSX Lion. I have been trying for several days to get this to work. I have a second computer (Macbook) with Snow Leopard (10.6.8). I followed all the instructions in the guides with unibeast, BIOS settings, etc. When enter through F12 to enter the BootScreen I see the USB drive but it will not boot into Unibeast from here. I tried several different USB drives and tried changing the BIOS settings for the USB. I have it set on Discrete Graphics. I am lost. Maybe my .dmg of OSX 10.7 is no good? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Matt

@Mattfrox
Try setting graphics to integrated in BIOS. Then use the GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag when booting from the Unibeast drive and until you edit your org.chameleon.boot.plist. Also, I don't think you can install OS X on a MBR (Windows) drive. It would be easier to install OS X onto an empty drive (is the other drive available?). Otherwise you would want to install OS X first and then Windows (there are guides on that).

I tried the things that TheFreeman suggested and was able to get brightness control (not with function keys), sleep, and SpeedStep (I think). I wasn't able to get AppleHDA to work. I could post my DSDT and SSDT later if anyone wants to try them.

Anyone get sound working on the W530 working yet?

Anyone get sound working on the W530 working yet?

Yep, using multibeast, do an install of voodoo audio 2.73 (the second last one on the list)... it makes the bootup quite unstable, but its the best way to get sound working for now.

Hey Technifighter, can you write up a step-by-step tutorial / post on how you made your W530 run OS X? I think this will really benefit the rest of us who are struggling with how to get it running.

Did u ever figure out how to get the wifi or network card in the laptop to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back