Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I posted this in general help, and as a noob I have no idea to transfer from one spot to the other, so this may go against the rules, let me know if it did... but anyhoo

Hi everyone, I am sorry if my issues have been answered before or if it's a simple fix. Truth is I've been looking at forums and help guides for close to 4 days and still can't figure out what to do. If there is already a fix for my problems, please let me know and some direction/links would be amazing. Anyways heres the scoop.

With GE=No, I can install OSX using Unibeast, but when I try to boot, I am getting this on -v GraphicsEnabled=No...

IMG_4934.jpg
and the very bottom line below all that says [BluetoothHCIController][Start]--Completed

I don't know what's going on and any advice would be amazing. Here are my specs
Lenovo w530 with i7 processor
8 gigs of ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
K1000M Nvidia video card

320gb 7200rpm hard drive

Mac is installed on partition 1, windows on partition 2. Thanks a lot in advance for any advice!! As soon as this is figured out I'll write a step by step guide for this computer

What graphics settings are you using in BIOS? My W530 won't boot into OS X unless I set the graphics to integrated and use GraphicsEnabler=No. If that's not the problem, it would help if you briefly describe how installed OS X (what guides you used, anything you did differently).

I hope this helps
-tecnifighter

Killed it! This works finally, thank you so much for the help.

Do you have any suggestions for getting sound, wifi, and video stuff to work?

Killed it! This works finally, thank you so much for the help.

Do you have any suggestions for getting sound, wifi, and video stuff to work?

Hi,

I have a W530 as well and I will try to install Mountain Lion as well.
Are you able to write a step by step guide to help me?
Is everything working for you?

Thank you!
I appreciate your help, I'm a newbie too! :crazy:

Hi,

I have a W530 as well and I will try to install Mountain Lion as well.
Are you able to write a step by step guide to help me?
Is everything working for you?

Thank you!
I appreciate your help, I'm a newbie too! :crazy:

Yep, once i get this up and running and do as much as possible with it ill write up something. But for now, have you read the tutorials on using unibeast and all of that? Cause if so,it's actually fairly easy to install the OS on this computer.

Yep, once i get this up and running and do as much as possible with it ill write up something. But for now, have you read the tutorials on using unibeast and all of that? Cause if so,it's actually fairly easy to install the OS on this computer.

Yes I've watched many videos talking about unibeast.
When you made the USB, did you check any of these two?
Capture.PNG

I am worried about multibeast, and what I am supposed to check and install!
We don't need any DSDT cuz we have core i7 right?

Here are the options I used in mulitbeast:

There are a few more kexts attached. Place those on your desktop and install them using KextBeast.

Next, go to /Extra, open your org.chameleon.boot.plist, find:
Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
and change the line below it to:
Code:
<string>No<string>
(so you don't have to type it every boot).

Below that, and the following (change the 1920x1080 to your screen resolution):
Code:
<key>GraphicsMode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32<string>

That's as much as I have working now. I'm still trying to get HD4000 graphics acceleration. I've posted a thread here about the problems I've had with it, but I haven't really gotten a response.

As for wifi (Intel Centrino), I don't think there's any way to get that to work. I'm just using ethernet.

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    424.3 KB · Views: 307
  • VoodooBattery.kext.zip
    40.9 KB · Views: 334
  • ThinkpadUltraNav.kext.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 35461-multibeast.tiff
    242.2 KB · Views: 505
@ThinkFast

The install is basically the same as the Mountian Lion Guide.
Before starting go into BIOS and change the graphics option to integrated and USB 3.0 mode to disabled. When creating the usb installer, only check the Laptop Support box. Then when your booting from the usb installer (both for the installation and the first boot), use the GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag. The rest should be the same as the guide. After installing, follow my previous post for installing kexts.

@ThinkFast

The install is basically the same as the Mountian Lion Guide.
Before starting go into BIOS and change the graphics option to integrated and USB 3.0 mode to disabled. When creating the usb installer, only check the Laptop Support box. Then when your booting from the usb installer (both for the installation and the first boot), use the GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag. The rest should be the same as the guide. After installing, follow my previous post for installing kexts.

Thank you very much for everything!! This weekend I will try everything you said and I'll let you know!
Once again thanks for your time! :thumbup:

Hey, sorry about taking so long to reply, super busy right now, but Ill try compile all the info at some point, technifighter seems to know this better though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back