Contribute
Register

Lenovo W530 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rehabMan,

I tried patching my DSDT/SSDT in order to get the brightness working but I have not been able to:

Patches I am using with MaciASL:
  1. Rename GFX0 to IGPU : I can't compile the code. It returns two errors

Your device is not called GFX0... It is called VID. Use "Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU" instead. Also, you'll need "Fix _IRC Error"

@rehabMan,

WOW!!!! Thank you so much, now brightness is working! :clap::D:headbang:

For anyone looking to install Mavericks 10.9.4 here is what I managed to get working:

1. Sound with VoodooHDA
  2. Brightness by patching my DSDT.aml (Thanks RehabMan)
  3. Bluetooth: The stock bluetooth daughter card did not work at all with Mavericks. I have a x220 and decided to try its bluetooth card and it works OOB. The part number is 60Y3271 for anyone interested.
  4. Sleep / Wake works by following RehabMan's instructions for patching the DSDT
  5. Graphics by inserting IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004 to the org.chamaleon.Boot.plist file.
  6. AppStore works after installing the right Ethernet Kext from Multibeast.

Still Work in Progress:

1. Trying to get the Displayport to work. I am still trying to figure out how to patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri per RehabMan's instructions.
What doesn't work:
  • WIFI (My Wifi card was Intel) and W530's BIOS contains a whitelist for Wifi cards. I am using a USB Wifi instead.

Other than this, I am a happy camper with a 99% working W530 on 10.9.4. Let me know if anyone needs further explanation on how to get this beast running on Mavericks.

PS: Thank you so much RehabMan, without your help and prompt responses, I wouldn't have been able to figure this out on my own. :thumbup:

@RehabMan,

I am sorry to bug you again but I am hoping that you can point me to the right direction:

What exactly am I supposed to do with the patch code you provided in order to make the Displayport to work on 01660004? :(

I tried researching it on my own but I can't find any info on how to patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri?

Would you please help me out on this issue? Any tutorial links you may have?

Thanks in advance.

@RehabMan,

I am sorry to bug you again but I am hoping that you can point me to the right direction:

What exactly am I supposed to do with the patch code you provided in order to make the Displayport to work on 01660004? :(

I tried researching it on my own but I can't find any info on how to patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri?

Would you please help me out on this issue? Any tutorial links you may have?

Thanks in advance.

Basic Terminal skills required. Find a tutorial if you're not skilled...

Copy the kext somewhere (eg. do not apply the patch directly to /S/L/E). Apply the patch to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri binary (the perl script). Install patched kext with Kext Wizard. Repair permissions (Disk Utility) & rebuild cache (DPCIManager). Reboot and test.

@RehabMan,

Unfortunately, I followed the steps and upon reboot, I am not getting any video out using Displayport. :banghead:

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

@RehabMan,

md5 of patched kext : d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• w530_ioreg.ioreg
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
@RehabMan,

md5 of patched kext : d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. :)

I'm assuming you're actually running 10.9.4, not ML (this is in the ML forum).

I have md5 AppleIntelFramebufferCapri:
vanilla: 64b296d5c9bebb3b9a415e62114c7fb0
patched: f4fea005de2aec4d425f09490ea2b8e6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back