Contribute
Register

Lenovo V330 - 15ikb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google might help you. I may add a note in the CPU PM guide.
Ok thanks,

I see that you are implementing the skylake spoof fix on your github, is the spoof_fix2 ready for beta testing ?

UPDATE:

OMG you are awesome, I built your whatevergreen.kext from Spoof_Fix2 branch.

I tested, i changed my device-id to 1916, laptop booted without acceleration, i tried change ig-platform-id to 1916 as well.

Boom laptop booted with acceleration, color banding is gone, pure glass blurred shadows, HDMI works excellent now, no laggy cursor, no black screen on disconnecting HDMI cable.

I can confirm it works 100%.

Just make sure to update the config_xxx_spoof.plist with "ig-platform-id" 1916 or 191B that correspond to skylake.

Last edited:
Ok thanks,

I see that you are implementing the skylake spoof fix on your github, is the spoof_fix2 ready for beta testing ?

UPDATE:

OMG you are awesome, I built your whatevergreen.kext from Spoof_Fix2 branch.

I tested, i changed my device-id to 1916, laptop booted without acceleration, i tried change ig-platform-id to 1916 as well.

Boom laptop booted with acceleration, color banding is gone, pure glass blurred shadows, HDMI works excellent now, no laggy cursor, no black screen on disconnecting HDMI cable.

I can confirm it works 100%.

Just make sure to update the config_xxx_spoof.plist with "ig-platform-id" 1916 or 191B instead of 5916/591B.

The spoof_fix2 branch (and spoof_fix1) are both a work-in-progress.
I put them up to have vit9696 look at them.

But yes, I'm testing it on one of my Intel NUC7 with KabyLake-R/UHD 620.

The spoof_fix2 branch (and spoof_fix1) are both a work-in-progress.
I put them up to have vit9696 look at them.

But yes, I'm testing it on one of my Intel NUC7 with KabyLake-R/UHD 620.
Excellent job, i built the kext from that branch, i can 100% confirm it fixed my HDMI Problems, no laggy cursor, no black screen when HDMI cable unplugged.

It also fixed the the color banding issue, the pixelated shadows, all of these fixed, the screen looks fantastic now.

Same case here Kaby Lake R/UHD 620.

In practice the spoof_fix2 works fantastic for now, what happens in background, is code well optimized or so, that's different story, for now it is working amazing and it pretty much made my laptop fully functional.

The only issue i have for now is that im using two finger tap to have right click on my ELAN I2C Touchpad (until Alexandred fixes that issue), other than that, it's flawless.

What i get from this is that Apple might have screwed up something on the Kaby Lake Graphics as on 10.13.6 i had no issue on Kaby Lake platform, no patched EDID needed or so, it just reappeared on Mojave but thanks to your great work, we can bypass that while using Skylake Spoofing.

Congrats. Did you also manage to get the SD Card slot working?

hi sniki have you fixed your left and right click to VoodooI2C-v2.1.4? I have same problem too which you were posted on voodooI2c help and support thread

@RehabMan i did find a Samsung PM961 nvme for a very cheap price but i just cannot boot or finnish first step installation.
For the majority of the time, the installer won't proceed it will just give me the stop sign at 70% apple logo, or when it does reach the installer, i can format the NVME and start installation but it will just stop somewhere and laptop will just panic reboot.
(Tested on Windows 10 and everything is working fine).

Here is the attached EFI as i cannot boot or install to collect other files.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 154
@RehabMan i did find a Samsung PM961 nvme for a very cheap price but i just cannot boot or finnish first step installation.
For the majority of the time, the installer won't proceed it will just give me the stop sign at 70% apple logo, or when it does reach the installer, i can format the NVME and start installation but it will just stop somewhere and laptop will just panic reboot.
(Tested on Windows 10 and everything is working fine).

Here is the attached EFI as i cannot boot or install to collect other files.

I don't think I could recommended PM961.
On my NUC8, I've had good results with a WD Black NVMe (converted to 4k LBA via Linux).

I don't think I could recommended PM961.
Well i have seen reports with mixed results about it, some people say they succeeded but i also see comments of people having trouble.

i wonder if trying a firmware update could change anything, is at least the Clover setup correct/appropriate for Nvme ?

Well i have seen reports with mixed results about it, some people say they succeeded but i also see comments of people having trouble.

i wonder if trying a firmware update could change anything, is at least the Clover setup correct/appropriate for Nvme ?

Firmware update is something to try. Along with seeing if you can convert to 4k LBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back