Contribute
Register

Lenovo V330 - 15ikb

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to attach PR files.

Note: No idea if CoffeeLake is compatible enough with Skylake for the spoof to actually work. It is just something to try...
Here are the PR files, keep in mind that i booted with the config.plist instead of the config_spoof.plist as it wasn't possible to boot with it, but I did press F2/F4 with the config_spoof.plist. on clover bootloader menu.

Attachments

• debug_6615.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 81
Here are the PR files, keep in mind that i booted with the config.plist instead of the config_spoof.plist as it wasn't possible to boot with it, but I did press F2/F4 with the config_spoof.plist. on clover bootloader menu.

You cannot use the Clover menu to switch plist files (that feature does not work properly).

You cannot use the Clover menu to switch plist files (that feature does not work properly).
OK but is the config_spoof.plist supposed to be that way or I need to do additional changes ?

OK but is the config_spoof.plist supposed to be that way or I need to do additional changes ?

No idea what you mean by "that way".

No idea what you mean by "that way".
skylake spoof not working for me, boot logo at 75% laptop instantly reboots, so that's why I asked if you did check the plist or not, I tried completely relying on the config_....spoof.plist but still same.

Is it possible that there's another issue with device or ig platform id set on the .plist ?
same set of PR like on post #174

skylake spoof not working for me, boot logo at 75% laptop instantly reboots,

I would need to see PR files that represent this attempt.

I would need to see PR files that represent this attempt.
Here are the PR files.

Keep in mind I had to disable Devices/Properties/IG-Platform-ID & device-id on Clover Bootloader menu as I wasn't able to boot with these two enabled in order to collect PR files

Attachments

• debug_27734.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 63
Here are the PR files.

Keep in mind I had to disable Devices/Properties/IG-Platform-ID & device-id on Clover Bootloader menu as I wasn't able to boot with these two enabled in order to collect PR files

Based on KP reports in panic_logs, it seems like it is due to DVMT-prealloc. WhateverGreen not patching properly? Would require more debugging of WhateverGreen to see if/what it is doing to framebuffer config.

Either that or it is a different panic, and CFL just not compatible with SKL kexts.

Based on KP reports in panic_logs, it seems like it is due to DVMT-prealloc. WhateverGreen not patching properly? Would require more debugging of WhateverGreen to see if/what it is doing to framebuffer config.

Either that or it is a different panic, and CFL just not compatible with SKL kexts.
Mine is considered a Kaby Lake R series, but I will add the minstolen patch that i created by shortening Austere J patch and test HDMI so I have it as a temporary workaround just to see if HDMI issue gets solved with Skylake IDs, if it does, I will install debug version of Lilu & WhateverGreen.kext and that way we can resolve that DVMT issue and use those IDs until next fix.

If I have same HDMI problem with Skylake Spoofing as well, then no need to even try working on Skylake IDs as it's still same problem.

Mine is considered a Kaby Lake R series, but I will add the minstolen patch that i created by shortening Austere J patch and test HDMI so I have it as a temporary workaround just to see if HDMI issue gets solved with Skylake IDs, if it does, I will install debug version of Lilu & WhateverGreen.kext and that way we can resolve that DVMT issue and use those IDs until next fix.

If I have same HDMI problem with Skylake Spoofing as well, then no need to even try working on Skylake IDs as it's still same problem.

I'm pretty sure I've seen KabyLake-R work ok with Skylake spoof...
I'm not convinced WhateverGreen patching works in the spoof scenarios.
Would require analyzing/debugging WhateverGreen/logs/etc.

Also, probably best to make sure the graphics kexts are in cache (use invalid ig-platform-id, not invalid device-id, so you can get them in cache). And it may be wise to create an appropriate LiluFriend.kext for the Lilu-based kexts you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back