Contribute
Register

Lenovo V330 - 15ikb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the VirtualSMC docs, doesn't seem like a flag you need to avoid anyway.
Yes, but the only negative effect of it is that the first half apple boot logo shows some verbose text and then when the second half is reached ,where brightness level goes to previous level, then the text dissapears
Open the guide project in xcode, and search for no-edid. It will put you right at the Devices/Property entry, which gives you all you need to know (the name of the property to inject). Obviously, the data needs to be filled with your (patched) EDID.
Will analyze later today as i didn't install Xcode yet, will install it today and give it a try.
It really doesn't matter which device-id you inject.
What matters more is the ig-platform-id you choose.
Yes, but i went for IG-platform-ID 591B since it's written on headkaze guide as the laptop recommended and the 5916 desktop one.

Also btw can the fakeID for HDMI Audio be done on via Devices/Properties ?

Last edited:
What exactly are you referring to?
Sorry my english is still kind of hard to understand sometimes.

Can i do the fakeID Spoofing of Intel HDMI device via config.plist /Devices/Properties instead of FakePCIID_intel_HDMI_audio.kext

I do think that FakePCIID_intel_HDMI_audio.kext is not working for some reasons on macOS Mojave as i don't see the hdmi device loading on ioreg or listed on DPCIManager.

It was working on High Sierra and showing up on DPCIManager thats why i wanted to give it a try.

Can i do the fakeID Spoofing of Intel HDMI device via config.plist /Devices/Properties instead of FakePCIID_intel_HDMI_audio.kext

No.

I do think that FakePCIID_intel_HDMI_audio.kext is not working for some reasons on macOS Mojave as i don't see the hdmi device loading on ioreg or listed on DPCIManager.

No PR files attached.

No PR files attached.
HDMI Audio is actually working perfect. (no need for FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext).

The only remaining problem is that i need to patch edid unfortunately because when i unplug HDMI cable, the Internal Screen while stay black, Internal Display has laggy graphics & cursor while External Display/TV connected.

Here are attached PR files while TV connected.

Also if you notice something else that isn't right and worth mentioning, let me know.

I will give id-platform-id 5916 a try to see if this EDID problem persists.

Attachments

• debug_19478.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 66
Here are attached PR files while TV connected.

You don't need framebuffer-con1-type as the type is already set to HDMI in framebuffer-con1-data.

I will give id-platform-id 5916 a try to see if this EDID problem persists.

Or you can inject (patched) EDID in Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)...
Changing the ig-platform-id is probably better, provided it fixes the problem (which would mean the key difference is somewhere in the ig-paltform data).

You don't need framebuffer-con1-type as the type is already set to HDMI in framebuffer-con1-data.
Removed it.
Or you can inject (patched) EDID in Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)...
Changing the ig-platform-id is probably better, provided it fixes the problem (which would mean the key difference is somewhere in the ig-paltform data).
Are you referring to "AAPL00,override-no-connect" ? is this supposed to be the patch where I need to inject patched EDID ?

I did try 5916 but still same result, I will need to give a try to Patched EDID.

But 1 more curiosity question, which ig-platform-id would you recommend me to stick with 591B or 5916 ? what would be the better if I choose one instead of the other.

Are you referring to "AAPL00,override-no-connect" ? is this supposed to be the patch where I need to inject patched EDID ?

Yes.

But 1 more curiosity question, which ig-platform-id would you recommend me to stick with 591B or 5916 ? what would be the better if I choose one instead of the other.

Whichever works best.

I patched my EDID, calculated checksum and placed the patch.
Rebooted the laptop, checked IOREG and patched EDID did get injected correctly.
Connected the TV and still same laggy graphics & cursor on Internal Display.

Wanted to try injecting original EDID but unfortunately when i hard rebooted laptop, the disk got corrupted. (Talk about luck).
Whichever works best.
I will give 5916 a try with VGA Port, if it does work correctly like with 591B, i will switch to 5916 as i dont need connetor patches for it.
Maybe just conx-type change for hdmi from 00 04 00 00 to 00 08 00 00

Will have to re install now .........

@RehabMan
Injecting edid doesn't fix the issue neither trying different IG-Platform-iD tried both on 591B and 5916, same result.

Here are PR files

Attachments

• debug_19241.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back