Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Lenovo Legion Y520-15ikbn - Unsolvable black screen issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest update - problem SOLVED using Skylake spoof !

Please mark the thread as solved now

Latest update - problem SOLVED using Skylake spoof !

Please mark the thread as solved now

Hi, I have screen Blackout issues since I update my Y520 15IKBN to Mojave.
did you solve your problems with ig-platform-id or SMBIOS?
what is Skylake spoof?

Unfortunately skylake spoof not working anymore after updating to 10.14.4 ... so i am looking for a solution.

PS. Latest kexts, drivers and clover dont solve the issue either...

Unfortunately skylake spoof not working anymore after updating to 10.14.4 ... so i am looking for a solution.

PS. Latest kexts, drivers and clover dont solve the issue either...
Thank you so much.
I can boot with my older clovers but it can't detect HD630 with any IGFX..
Anyway hope you can find solution.
Good luck

Thank you so much.
I can boot with my older clovers but it can't detect HD630 with any IGFX..
Anyway hope you can find solution.
Good luck

Did you solve your problem and with which MacOS Mojave version - 10.14.3 i guess ?

As i am aware there are massive changes with the graphics to which i haven't still found a solution or a workaround, so maybe i will downgrade too - you have performed a clean 10.14.3 installation i guess or there is easier way ?

As i am aware there are massive changes with the graphics to which i haven't still found a solution or a workaround, so maybe i will downgrade too - you have performed a clean 10.14.3 installation i guess or there is easier way ?
I just install macOS10.14.3 Image and changed clover folder that I used in High Sierra.
Some of them works fine, but some doesn't. like background bright controls and sleep and wake.
And Lenovo y520 is not my main computer. but I think I'll downgrade this machine to High Sierra again until I can find
good reference.

I just install macOS10.14.3 Image and changed clover folder that I used in High Sierra.
Some of them works fine, but some doesn't. like background bright controls and sleep and wake.
And Lenovo y520 is not my main computer. but I think I'll downgrade this machine to High Sierra again until I can find
good reference.

I successfully installed Mojave 10.14.4 - see lenovo y520 braveknight thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back