Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
No freaking way..... How/When/Why did I turn that off hahaha *facepalm

no one with help or suggestions?

no one with help or suggestions?

Suggestion: boot with just -v (or select Verbose from the chameleon menu..), and send us a screenshot of what happens

Hey guys, I saw this thread and tried to manage it by my own... but even if I want to boot the USB drive (Fn+F2, in AHCI mode) I get into the Windows 8 repair tool, so how it goes on? Got any hints for me?

My guide I followed to

1. changed "Raid" to "AHCI"
2. graphics to "Optimus"
3. tried to boot from USB (made with OSX ML on a Mac)

cheers :shifty:

Hey guys, I saw this thread and tried to manage it by my own... but even if I want to boot the USB drive (Fn+F2, in AHCI mode) I get into the Windows 8 repair tool, so how it goes on? Got any hints for me?

My guide I followed to

1. changed "Raid" to "AHCI"
2. graphics to "Optimus"
3. tried to boot from USB (made with OSX ML on a Mac)

cheers :shifty:

Set graphics to !Optimus (idk what the other option is, osx can't handle optimus)
Make sure usb is bootable (try making the usb using UniBeast)
Boot by pressing one-key recovery button then select boot menu followed by selecting name of your usb..

Has anyone had problems with Windows, particularly Windows 8, after installing OS X? I'm getting my U510 back from the repair depot soon (hopefully) and I want to try to run OS X on it, but it already has Windows *8 installed, so if I screw up, I don't want to lose Windows. If anyone knows how to make a backup disc/ image of just the operating system, that would be much appreciated.

Has anyone had problems with Windows, particularly Windows 8, after installing OS X? I'm getting my U510 back from the repair depot soon (hopefully) and I want to try to run OS X on it, but it already has Windows *8 installed, so if I screw up, I don't want to lose Windows. If anyone knows how to make a backup disc/ image of just the operating system, that would be much appreciated.

Well you could open the laptop and install/replace the hard drive so you can test-drive osx. Alternatively, OSX can be installed on USB sticks so grap at least 2 USB's that can be booted (one >4gb for installation, other for osx which should be at least 8gb preferably 16gb).

OSX needs the hard drive to be in GUID, and windows uses the old MBR so you would break any windows stuff anyway. Best way to do this is to wipe your hard drive clean, install mac on one partition then windows on another. Then reinstall chimera.

could anybody post a zip with kexts/dsdt?

could anybody post a zip with kexts/dsdt?

There you go (download attachment). Please keep in mind that I edited the DSDT, and smbios.plist to suit my needs (e.g. enable sound after wake, sleep on lid close etc). The Modules/nvram is so Messages.app doesnt complain about the connection issues.. Use at your own risk.

Good luck.

PS >> I have created the tar with `tar cf` and had to rename to .gz because tonymac's upload complained. Use `tar xf` to extract.
And my Extensions/ has about 250 mb.. If you really want them i could put it on my server.

Attachments

• extra.tar.gz
    564.5 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back