Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
The graphics need to be set to UMA (Intel integrated graphics only) in bios for Mac to work.. If I used Clover for booting, would it be possible to have both graphics cards running (Optimus mode)? Clover detects and patches EFI stuff automatically, so theoretically it should tell OSX about how to use the graphics card right?

The graphics need to be set to UMA (Intel integrated graphics only) in bios for Mac to work.. If I used Clover for booting, would it be possible to have both graphics cards running (Optimus mode)? Clover detects and patches EFI stuff automatically, so theoretically it should tell OSX about how to use the graphics card right?

I don't think so. Based on my understanding, real Macs do not use Optimus but some other hardware switches. So it is a hardware issue which is not easily solved using any software.

I just need some help: I can't reach the OS X-Installer without the "-x" option. The Installation works fine - but when it comes to the restart, I also have to start my ML with "-x". No sound, no wifi - bad resolution.

Any help or idea?

I got the U410 with i3.

Thanks
SoundManX2

I just need some help: I can't reach the OS X-Installer without the "-x" option. The Installation works fine - but when it comes to the restart, I also have to start my ML with "-x". No sound, no wifi - bad resolution.

Did you turn off the nVidia graphics in the bios?

i choose ahci and not "optimus" as option in bios - but i can't reach the installer (or ml) without the "-x"-option.

i choose ahci and not "optimus" as option in bios - but i can't reach the installer (or ml) without the "-x"-option.

Can you screenshot what happens without -x (and using -v)?

the apple-logo appears and the ring goes round, and around, and around, and around... even after 1h waiting - nothings happens. (with -x-Option).

Did you try my version at: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

I don't know if it works on the u410, but if you haven't tried and you have Synaptics, it might be worth a shot
(I'm just not keeping track of what laptops it is working on or not...)

Thanks for the work, but on mine, my trackpad recognizes the three finger gestures perfectly, but does not register left and right clicks. In a bizarre twist, it does, however, recognize the left and clicks from the lock screen, but once the desktop is loaded, it does not.

Any clue what is happening/how to fix it? I am using a mouse for now, but I would love to get this working.

Thanks!

Thanks for the work, but on mine, my trackpad recognizes the three finger gestures perfectly, but does not register left and right clicks. In a bizarre twist, it does, however, recognize the left and clicks from the lock screen, but once the desktop is loaded, it does not.

Any clue what is happening/how to fix it? I am using a mouse for now, but I would love to get this working.

Thanks!

Hmm, try settings -> trackpad -> check 'clicking'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back