Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
In installed the VoodooPS2 controller as well but it seems to give some conflicts with the one I previously had installed with MulitBeast. When I rebooted the kexts failed to load (because some of the interfaces were already loaded through the multibeast PS2 kexts) and after removing those I found that the keyboard only works after waiting about 10 minutes on the login screen. A notification about bluetooth keyboard detection comes up at that point and after it is gone, everything seems to work ok.

Was't voodooPS2 included in multibeast previously? What is the best way to install the Voodoo Kext without conflicting with the ones included in Multibeast? Other seems to report improvements in the trackpad usage so that's why I would like to give it a whirl.

thanks

BTW, your startup issue could be an install problem, or it could be another incantation of the startup problem we are debugging now which on the Probook causes infinite repeat of keys. [almost solved]. Stay tuned...

BTW, your startup issue could be an install problem, or it could be another incantation of the startup problem we are debugging now which on the Probook causes infinite repeat of keys. [almost solved]. Stay tuned...

I upgraded to 10.8.2 and the trackpad is working properly now.. probably some of the old kexts were stuck in the cache or so.
Everything seems to work now except for speedstepping (cpu is fixed at 1.6Ghz, no multipliers in HWMonitor)

and in the kernel log I still have the following problems. seems that the hd4000 kext is not able to load? Anyone encountered this problem before?

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 0079
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: (built 23:03:24 Jun 24 2012) initialization complete
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics (error 0xdc00800e).
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleSMCPDRC - library kext com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily not found.Couldn't alloc class "Gen7Accelerator"

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleSMCPDRC - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleSMCPDRC failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleSMCPDRC (error 0xdc00800e).
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.Couldn't alloc class "AppleSMCPDRC"

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdc00800e).
Couldn't alloc class "AppleHDAController"
AppleACPIBatteryManager Loading...
AppleACPIBatteryDevice loading...
mbinit: done [64 MB total pool size, (42/21) split]

I am new to this thread and I am very comfortable with with a microsoft computer, i am a computer science major, so I do have amount of computer knowledge, but when it comes to something like this, I am a complete noob. I have a lenovo u310, i know the architecture of my laptop and the 410 are very similar. My 310, has an i7 though. will the installation of mountain lion on my 310 be similar to the one of the 410? i really appreciate all the help, and thank the op for starting this thread.

I am new to this thread and I am very comfortable with with a microsoft computer, i am a computer science major, so I do have amount of computer knowledge, but when it comes to something like this, I am a complete noob. I have a lenovo u310, i know the architecture of my laptop and the 410 are very similar. My 310, has an i7 though. will the installation of mountain lion on my 310 be similar to the one of the 410? i really appreciate all the help, and thank the op for starting this thread.

QUOTE=hrakoto;479601]Update with Kext and DSDT

Pretty cool Macbook pro like ultrabook. Usable at 90% with moutain lion. Only few features are not working so need your experience to get it work.

Specs:
CPU type Intel Core i3 3217U (Ivy Bridge)
CPU speed 1700 Mhz
Graphics HD400/Nvidia GeForce 610M nvidia optimus
RAM 8GB, 750GB HD, 32GB SSD
Sound chipset Connexant cx20590
LAN Realtek RTL8105E , WLAN atheros ar5b95 (combo BT ar3011 Wifi ar9285)
Card reader
2x USB3 port éx USB2 port
Webcam
Synaptic touchpad
HDMI out.

WORKING FEATURES in 10.8.2:
Graphics => HD4000 only (disable optimus in bios) => Efi String injection All OK
Sound => Connexant cx20590 => DSDT injection => Apple HDA patched for cx20590 downloaded from osx86.net (Mic, speaker out, headphone, output autoswith features)
Wifi => Atheros ar9285 => DSDT injection => Detected as airport
Bluetooth => Ateheros ar3011 =>Use Kext from osx86.net
Webcam => Lenovo easy camera => Remove XHCI kext(USB3) in IOUSBFAMILY.Kext and it's OK
USB 2 port => DSDT fix for sleep (EHC1 and EHC2)
Touchpad => Use kext from Multibeast.
HDMI out => Work as soon as HD4000 is enabled but can't get it work with audio.
Sleep => Work as soon as DSDT USB FIX , all usb device kext installed, AppleIntelCPUPowerManangement.Kext from Z580 post. No sleep enabler... needed.
Lid => Lid sleep OK
USB card reader => out of box.

NOT WORKING FEATURES and ANNOYING THINGS that needs help:
Sound trying to enable HDMI Audio with HD4000 but not OK.
USB3 => Only mouse and keyboard works. so i disable the USB3 kext to use it as USB port to get Webcam working as it is attached to a USB3 controller. trying DSDTfix and severals Kext but not OK
Lan => Realtek RTL8105E only work in 10mbps with official drivers. I test all available Kext available on the net but not OK only 10mbps with official drivers.

Wifi and bluetooh not reactivate after sleep. I did a clean install and OK now.
SpeedStep and Turbo boost OK now see page 5[/QUOTE]

are you all installing ML on the SSD of the U410 or the hard drive?

I removed the mini ssd (way to small in size to get any use for it) and replaced the hard drive with 256gb ssd (ocz octane). Careful with the octane though, if yours comes with FW 1.4.0 you need to update to 1.4.1 because it won't work with OSX (it will print infinite amount of IO errors to console)

Are you sure you have the wifi enabled in the bios in this case? Thanks for the explanation about the IntelPowerManagement. Main problem is that once you start to hit KP's when booting, you need to start from the installation USB and open Terminal to transfer the kexts. I did transfer the Intel one, but it might be that I transfered the contents of the kext to to S/L/E and not the whole thing (suppose there is a difference if u use a trailing slash for the source in the cp bash command)

The laptop came preinstalled with Windows 8, in which the wifi was working OK. I wiped all of the partitions and checked the hardware info on ML, which displayed the vendorId as 0x8086 (Intel). I haven't tried another OS since I installed OS X but I will soon do a Ubuntu install on the bigger hard drive (want to have dual boot system). I will report my result back.

Yes my wifi was enabled when i bought the laptop, and was when i booted osx.. but then things went weird. When I booted back to windows 8 (which was still there) the wifi showed as (OFF) and Linux reported that it was turned off by a hardware switch. I also replaced the wifi card with AR9BXX (dont know the numbers from memory). Still the same thing. Having it disabled inside the BIOS it wouldn't show as a device at all because it is powered off.. I am betting on corrupted bios and using mac-compatible usb wifi stick (i need to get a better one that supports airdrop and native support).

What you could do is set up Fusion Drive. But careful has setbacks. My laptop took approx 1 minute to go to sleep. Testing the fusion set up showed it performed badly because of the small ssd. If it was a bit bigger would be different. It speeds it up *a little* faster but not a whole bunch.

If anyone gets ubuntu working please send instructions.. I tried and not wanting to waste too much time looking for graphics drivers I gave up.

Best thing to do is get some spare time (plenty of spare time) & have a go. I spent a week or two trying to get ML on my u410, so if you've never tried this before you'll probably need to play with it for a bit. It's good fun though if you like messing with computers.

Best things I can advise (from problems I came across):
If you have access to a mac which you can download mountain lion, then great. Create a Unibeast USB stick & you shouldn't have too much problem with the main installation.
From the attached files I wouldn't use the DSDT from a U410 as it might mess things up, though some of the kext's may work.

If you can't get hold of a unibeast USB stick, you need to install Snow Leopard from DVD (this is where plenty of spare time comes in :lol:). Make sure it's a real working one or good backup, as I messed about for 3 days with a broken backup copy.
If you are installing by external DVD drive, make sure you plug it in the USB 2.0 slots (left hand side slots on the u410). Same goes for the Unibeast installation. It won't install from USB 3.0.
I never got Snow Leopard onto my u410. I installed it onto my desktop which is an older spec (Core2Duo) and created a Unibeast stick from that.

If you do go the Snow Leopard route you will most likely have problems with the app store when trying to buy Mountain Lion. You'll need to do 2 things for that.
One is to make the app store think your network card is a real airport card you can search around for how to do that, too long to explain.
And secondly you'll need to modify your SMBios to show as a real macbook with a new spec, so that app store thinks your computer is new enough to be upgradable to Mountain Lion. Search for ways to do that also.

The other problem is that to load the SMBios settings you will have to be booting the OS from your hard drive & not from iboot. So lookup macman's fix for boot0 problems.

Have fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back