Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask you about your trackpad? What driver did you use? I had to install the voodoo trackpad driver. It is quite laggy, e.g. when I tap I sometimes miss and it is very inaccurate. I have the synaptics trackpad..

Did you try my version at: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

I don't know if it works on the u410, but if you haven't tried and you have Synaptics, it might be worth a shot
(I'm just not keeping track of what laptops it is working on or not...)

Did you try my version at: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

I don't know if it works on the u410, but if you haven't tried and you have Synaptics, it might be worth a shot
(I'm just not keeping track of what laptops it is working on or not...)

Hey RehabMan! This version of VoodooPS2 works great on my U410 machine. Three finger gestures fully supported! Great work!

But I have another issue about keyboard shortcut since long time ago. If I set any keyboard shortcut for "showing desktop" in system preference, it works without any problem in the beginning. But after reboot, it no longer works and stay invalid. To make the shortcut work again, I have to firstly disable it, reboot, and then set it again.

Another solution is to set the shortcut through mission control in system preference, but must not be key F1 to F13. It will be fine if I set the shortcut to right Shift, for example.

I am wondering if you already knew this issue or have any suggestion what should I do? Thx~

Hey RehabMan! This version of VoodooPS2 works great on my U410 machine. Three finger gestures fully supported! Great work!

But I have another issue about keyboard shortcut since long time ago. If I set any keyboard shortcut for "showing desktop" in system preference, it works without any problem in the beginning. But after reboot, it no longer works and stay invalid. To make the shortcut work again, I have to firstly disable it, reboot, and then set it again.

Another solution is to set the shortcut through mission control in system preference, but must not be key F1 to F13. It will be fine if I set the shortcut to right Shift, for example.

I am wondering if you already knew this issue or have any suggestion what should I do? Thx~

I don't see that problem on the Probook 4530s, but I'm just using the defaults F11=Mission Control, F9=ShowDesktop, F12=ShowDashboard. At least I think those are defaults, or maybe I just haven't changed them in a long time. Are the settings still as you set them in System Prefs -> Keyboard?

One question for you... does your trackpad work after sleep (assuming you have sleep working on your laptop)?
It does on the 4530s, but not on some others, and we don't really know why yet.

I don't see that problem on the Probook 4530s, but I'm just using the defaults F11=Mission Control, F9=ShowDesktop, F12=ShowDashboard. At least I think those are defaults, or maybe I just haven't changed them in a long time. Are the settings still as you set them in System Prefs -> Keyboard?

One question for you... does your trackpad work after sleep (assuming you have sleep working on your laptop)?

It seems the shortcut cannot be set to Control + Down, maybe a conflict during booting. Set to other key seems fine now.

Yeah, it does work after sleep. No problem at all.

Btw, I just found that this kext will complete change my F1 to F12 keys. I assume it is built for other computers? Can I get the original f1 to f12 back?

Thanks, that's awesome. How do you find the scan code of a computer? Is there a software to do so?

This is covered in the wiki. You install the debug version of the kext, then examine the debug output in Console as you type the keys you are interested in.

Has anyone got Atheros AR9285 wifi card installed in their laptop? I am not sure if it is compatible with laptop's BIOS whitelist and OSX.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back