Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Extra/ Uploaded... No kexts there because I use the 'UseKernelCache=Yes' flag so I had to move all kexts from E/E to S/L/E for it to work.

Also, I patched my DSDT because closing the lid didn't make the laptop sleep and when it woke up from sleep some things such as audio didn't work.

Everything works 100% perfect, including trackpad (90% because its laggy) and wifi doesn't work (i have the intel one.).

I have one question.. Since I installed OSX my WiFi intel card started being 'off'. This showed in windows 8, linux ubuntu etc. Idk what is wrong with it! Could it have been caused by installing OSX on the laptop (and it messed with the wifi somehow)?

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    457.3 KB · Views: 239
My Extra/ Uploaded... No kexts there because I use the 'UseKernelCache=Yes' flag so I had to move all kexts from E/E to S/L/E for it to work.

Also, I patched my DSDT because closing the lid didn't make the laptop sleep and when it woke up from sleep some things such as audio didn't work.

Everything works 100% perfect, including trackpad (90% because its laggy) and wifi doesn't work (i have the intel one.).

I have one question.. Since I installed OSX my WiFi intel card started being 'off'. This showed in windows 8, linux ubuntu etc. Idk what is wrong with it! Could it have been caused by installing OSX on the laptop (and it messed with the wifi somehow)?

Thank you for uploading your patched DSDT. I was looking through the one in the OP post last night and noticed that the sleep patch hadn't been inserted, but I'm not familiar enough with DSDT editing to know where to put it. The U series from Lenovo seems like almost the perfect portable Hackintosh, except for WiFi.

It is a perfect hackintosh, and I fixed wifi by buying a usb wifi (one i got http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221141356386?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) or if you buy a mac-compatible wifi card and install it in the laptop (replace the one currently installed).

I phoned lenovo tech support today and they said I can open the laptop without voiding the warranty and replace hard drive, ram etc. If I break anything during that process of course then the warranty will be void..

Is your sleep not working? My worked out of the box (when I installed the DSDT.aml file). Try pressing the Mac button (top left) and click sleep. What does that do?

I haven't bought the laptop yet. I wanted to make sure that I could get one that I can install OS X on and have it working as well as a Macbook. I had already planned on replacing the internal wireless card. Right now Lenovo is having a pretty good sale on a model without the 32GB SSD so I'm also thinking about purchasing that model and then installing a 64GB SSD since I can buy one of those for less cost than the difference between the two models.

I found out the laptop has the mini pci-e sata ssd and i can't find many around ebay.. Also thinking about upgrading (24 gb is nothing and osx is already complaining its full).

That is good information to have on the SSD, thank you. I found a good wifi card on Amazon by searching Broadcom 4331 (the same chipset that is in the MBP) that's only $18 US. In fact the majority of the reviews are from people that specifically bought it for their hackintosh. You are right about the SSD though. There aren't many too be found and those that are out there are considerably more expensive than the SATA III models.

I am thinking to replace the 1tb hdd and install a 120gb ssd.. Backups will go to my other mac over wifi, and maybe windows on the smaller ssd (for games :))

You need to check if the wifi card is compatible with the laptop as well. It may be BIOS blacklisted.

I found a service manual for u410 http://download.lenovo.com/consumer...310_u410_hmm_1st_edition_mar_2012_english.pdf scroll to page 73 it lists all the wifi cards used in the laptops. These are definitely compatible with the laptop.. Now need to select one compatible with osx too.

Thanks for the upload!

Both speedstep and turboboost are now working!!!! 8x to 28x, to spec according to Intel. Awsome...

Re: your wifi, I noticed that mine (atheros) turns off as soon as I hit the F7 key in OSX, have to boot into Win7 to hit F7 again and turn WiFi back on. Butterfingers, I know.... still looking for a solution.

Thanks for the upload!

Both speedstep and turboboost are now working!!!! 8x to 28x, to spec according to Intel. Awsome...

Re: your wifi, I noticed that mine (atheros) turns off as soon as I hit the F7 key in OSX, have to boot into Win7 to hit F7 again and turn WiFi back on. Butterfingers, I know.... still looking for a solution.

What is your wifi model? My wifi isn't working so I need to buy one compatible with the laptop and OSX..

Thanks for the upload!

Can I ask you about your trackpad? What driver did you use? I had to install the voodoo trackpad driver. It is quite laggy, e.g. when I tap I sometimes miss and it is very inaccurate. I have the synaptics trackpad..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back