Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys it's time to come back with good news about speedstep and turbo boost .
Just use the macbook pro (8.1) smbios.plist and you will have x8,x12,x16,x24 multiplier available so up to 2.38mhz

Just use the macbook pro (8.1) smbios.plist and you will have x8,x12,x16,x24 multiplier available so up to 2.38mhz
can you upload a new zip with all the corrections?

hey guys before i begin installing i was wondering,

if i install ml to my ssd what will happen to my onekey recovery function?
don;t really know how it works does it install windows like it did with first startup?

i have a d:\lenovo disk (ssd) with some drivers and a mcafee virus app, if this will be deleted will onekey still function and what about when i use onekey when i have ml installed on ssd, will it be erased?

sorry for the questions this wasnt really mentioned somewhere.

thanks

testing right now

verified! turbo boost working, thanks!

but i've problem about the sound. the icon shows maximum volume and will not change in speaker mode but work fine when using earphone. any ideas

hey guys before i begin installing i was wondering,

if i install ml to my ssd what will happen to my onekey recovery function?
don;t really know how it works does it install windows like it did with first startup?

i have a d:\lenovo disk (ssd) with some drivers and a mcafee virus app, if this will be deleted will onekey still function and what about when i use onekey when i have ml installed on ssd, will it be erased?

sorry for the questions this wasnt really mentioned somewhere.

thanks

I've deleted onekey recovery as soon as I received my machine so no chance to try it out. But from my previous experience, the recovery files are in hard disk instead of SSD. So deleting SSD is totally fine except it will disable Intel rapid start. Otherwise it should be fine.

verified! turbo boost working, thanks!

but i've problem about the sound. the icon shows maximum volume and will not change in speaker mode but work fine when using earphone. any ideas
i used macbookpro8,1 but no turbo boost, did you do anything else?

i used macbookpro8,1 but no turbo boost, did you do anything else?

No, just changed it and everything is fine. Do you use nullpower kext? It will block Speedstep at all.

No, just changed it and everything is fine. Do you use nullpower kext? It will block Speedstep at all.
no, I don't... That's strange

Hello everyone, I decided to install windows 8 on my U410 last week. Of course it worked fine for about 2 days and started screwing up. I decided to wipe it and start fresh. I ran into some problems however. I used DBAN to wipe both HDD and SSD, but somehow the RAID that it comes from the factory with got in the way of installing windows 8 again. So I installed ubuntu and decided that I was going to go back to my old habits of trying to install Mac OSX on PCs. I'm currently installing Mountain Lion on my U410's SSD, hoping that I'll be able to follow all these posts and fix things one by one. I'll post results.

Ok so I went to boot ML and it skipped straight to Ubuntu on my HDD. Booted the USB with ML back up and formatted the HDD that had ubuntu and made a single GUID partition. Currently installing ML on HDD. Now my question is how do I install windows and or ubuntu in this configuration. I have the SSD wiped and ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back