Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I have an issue whit my ideapad u310. I used Unibeast 3.0.1 install method with its laptop support. I was able to install both, Maverick and Mountain Lion, but I can't boot into os. I tried disabling almost everything in bios but without luck. I have an ideapad with i7-3537u cpu. It always freezes with Missing Bloetooth Controller Transport error. Please help me.

It is a graphics issue.

Try booting with "IGPEnabler=No -x"

Eventually you'll want to set the IGPlatformID to something appropriate. Probably IGPlatformID=01660003.

Thanks man, it woke. You are awesome. Now, I am going to read the whole thread, make my own dsdt and so on. Thanks for help.

Hi Guys, this thread has been amazingly helpful in getting my U310 up-and-running, everything I need to work is working fantastically, except wireless, obviously the Intel Centrino card is incompatible, so I bodysnatched an old Broadcom card from my Dell Mini 10v, a card I knew to work a treat under snow leopard on that tiny laptop! However when I installed it in my lenovo I got the dreaded un-supported card whitelist message, so my question is are there any wireless cards people here have tried that work with out having to use a patched bios and also work under OSX Mountain Lion or Mavericks?

I know thats probably a big ask, perhaps certain atheros cards work like the AR5B195/AR9285? I don't know, but if anyone can shed some light I'd be really grateful!

If there are literally no cards that are fully compatible both whitelist and osx wise then can anyone advise on removing the whitelist, as all my google searches have landed me on dead download links at bios modding websites or mis-information from Lenovo Moderators on their forms!

Thanks!

Hi Guys, this thread has been amazingly helpful in getting my U310 up-and-running, everything I need to work is working fantastically, except wireless, obviously the Intel Centrino card is incompatible, so I bodysnatched an old Broadcom card from my Dell Mini 10v, a card I knew to work a treat under snow leopard on that tiny laptop! However when I installed it in my lenovo I got the dreaded un-supported card whitelist message, so my question is are there any wireless cards people here have tried that work with out having to use a patched bios and also work under OSX Mountain Lion or Mavericks?

I know thats probably a big ask, perhaps certain atheros cards work like the AR5B195/AR9285? I don't know, but if anyone can shed some light I'd be really grateful!

If there are literally no cards that are fully compatible both whitelist and osx wise then can anyone advise on removing the whitelist, as all my google searches have landed me on dead download links at bios modding websites or mis-information from Lenovo Moderators on their forms!

Thanks!

Download your service manual and look at the replacement parts (FRUs). I'm pretty sure there is a "Lite-on" branded AR9285 that would work. I know of at least one other Lenovo owner that has gone this route and been successful. It might cost a bit more than a generic AR9285, but it avoids flashing a hacked BIOS...

Download your service manual and look at the replacement parts (FRUs). I'm pretty sure there is a "Lite-on" branded AR9285 that would work. I know of at least one other Lenovo owner that has gone this route and been successful. It might cost a bit more than a generic AR9285, but it avoids flashing a hacked BIOS...

Thanks RehabMan, I'll have a look, order the part and report back!

Just for reference, would a generic atheros card work just as well or would it need to be of the correct Liteon brand?

The problem with sleep remains relevant when trying to sleep laptop wakes up after five seconds. and no corrections in the DSDT is not helping. your thoughts on this? sorry for my english

The problem with sleep remains relevant when trying to sleep laptop wakes up after five seconds. and no corrections in the DSDT is not helping. your thoughts on this? sorry for my english

Did you add DSDT patches for USB? What are you using for USB3?

Thank you, I understand. patch load. problems with RTL 8101E. tell me how to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back