Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your fast reply Rehabman.

I replaced my WiFi card for this one: Atheros AR5B95 AR9285

Also, do you recommend me to upgrade to 10.8.5 (don't know if it is possible, otherwise I will stick to 10.8.4) or to 10.9?

Thanks for your fast reply Rehabman.

I replaced my WiFi card for this one: Atheros AR5B95 AR9285

That is WiFi, not BT.

Also, do you recommend me to upgrade to 10.8.5 (don't know if it is possible, otherwise I will stick to 10.8.4) or to 10.9?

Personal choice.

Then it means I only can have WiFi, not bluetooth right?

Unless you have BT built-in to the laptop already, yes (eg. some laptops have BT as separate from the half-mini PCIe.).

That one has AR9285 WiFi + AR3011 BT. AR3011 BT is very poor, but works with some devices.

Also, the Card Reader is the default one, so I was wondering if others made it work, I should be able too...

I do not know the status of the card reader on the U310. It certainly isn't mentioned in post #1 of the "U310/U410 Combination" thread.

No, I don't have an integrated built-in bluetooth. It came with the Intel Centrino® Wireless-N 2200. Then, any good alternative rather than the one I posted?

I'm sorry for all the inconveniences...

Thanks Rehabman! I will probably buy the GMYLE Bluetooth Dongle, since I just want bluetooth for using my Magic Mouse :)

Hello, Im new here.
I just got U310 touch. i'm trying run installation from usb, but i get a black screen after loading the files.
so i dont get to install it. Ive used these flags: -v -x PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes with combinations back and ford.
any suggestions? Please and thanks in advance.:)

Hello, Im new here.
I just got U310 touch. i'm trying run installation from usb, but i get a black screen after loading the files.
so i dont get to install it. Ive used these flags: -v -x PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes with combinations back and ford.
any suggestions? Please and thanks in advance.:)

You're using incorrect flags.

See here for tons of useful info on the u310 (including boot flags required to reach the installer): http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114648-combined-u310-u410-mavericks-thread.html

Thanks a lot for the info:thumbup:. I followed it up and i got it to work almost perfect,(Im even writing this from the Hackintosh:D) The two things that dont work are the built in camera and the wifi.

Is there a solution for any of them. Specially the Wifi. i really would love if it worked.
the brightness doesn't work either:cry:
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back