Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Lenovo IdeaPad U310/U410

Hi everybody,
in some days I'll get a Lenovo U310 with i5-3317U and HD4000 and I'd love to get Mountain Lion working on it.
From what I have read, I know that:
-Ethernet is a Realtek RTL8105E (it should work)
-Wifi is a Intel Centrino Wireless N 2200 (I think it won't work)
-Trackpad is "Synaptics, cypress" (should work as a mouse)
-Audio is Conexant (should work)
I will install it using the Unibeast for ML method.
Can you tell me what will I have to install using Multibeast 5? Oh, and is it possible to get the multitouch working? I've read that some people got multitouch working on their synaptics on other notebooks

Another question: what system definition should I use? I guess the best would be the 2012 Macbook Pro (is it 9,2?), but I think it is not possible to choose it in multibeast, so will I have to select Macbook Pro 8,1?

nobody? it should arrive in a week

hi...did the bootloader work for you?
I got an U400, i assume it is similar, and I couldn't get the bootloader to work.

When it boot it just couldn't find any bootloader.

Hey I think I have a similar problem like you, I always get a boot0 Error after installing chimera.
I found some websites which provide solutions on how to fix the problem but actually I didn't get it working..

T0l31

Hey pinsicchio,

I also got an ideapad u310 and ML worked for me.
Ethernet works without drivers :thumbup:
The System recognizes the wifi chip (Atheros) but no networks are available :thumbdown:
Trackpad works as you say like a mouse :thumbup:
Audio works for me with the voodoo sound driver :thumbup:
if you install Ml using Unibeast be sure to get the MBR patch otherwise you have to format your 500GB HDD and and this will erase your recovery partition!!!
Select the ps/2 and voodoo sound drivers in multibeast (I didn't tried more)
I think I am using the default System of Unibeast iMac or something like this ;)

T0l31
Hey, thanks! :D
I ordered the U410 today because here in Italy the U310 with i3 costs 699€ and the U410 with i5, 6gb ram and nvidia graphics costs 749€ :)
What about the boot0 error? have you solved it? do you use any boot flag?

Right there with you wingmanz:?: The u400 is loading up fine with usb boot loader. No dice without. Working on some changes now with multibeast post install. A couple of my previous configs will not boot with the usb after 1st restart after install:crazy:

I am tired of trying to get the dual boot working and instead of spending my whole time with it, I choose to boot the Mountain Lion via usb. In this case my hd4000 graphics card doesn't work but I just want to use Mac for xCode so it's not necessary for me.

T0l31

can you send me some photos of your bios? i get a still waiting for root device error... I tried to set the drive on AHCI but it returns the same error, plus windows doesn't start up.

ok but how is your bios set? i get "still waiting for root device"

So I am currently just experimenting with kext trying to get the remainder of the hardware fired up.
The boot issue is consistent with my machine also. I have tried several different boot loaders with no luck. Using Time Machine and my first boot image in between my crashes of Kext installs. I'll let you guys know if I get the bootloader going......arrrrrgggggggg!!

Booting with Unibeast for now

*Used tutorials from www.tonymacx86.com*
Hey guys lets me tell you where I am at with the U400. My HM65 Bios is running ACHI setting only (which was default)
1. Wiped out the factory recovery partitions and windows installation (own a copy of ultimate no need for home)
2. Created a GPT disk with two partitions. One Mac OS extended (journaled) for ML the other MS-DOS FAT for Windows.
3. Installed Windows from install DVD.
4. Created Unibeast Mountain Lion USB. Installed OS X ML (clean 20 minute install)
*Video HD3000 out of the box*:thumbup:
*Trackpad/keyboard out of the box* (keyboard controls intact) Sometimes acts strange glitchy:thumbup:
*USB 2.0 out of the box*:thumbup:
*LAN out of the box*:thumbup:
*BTooth 3.0 out of the box*:thumbup:
-No audio (Intel HD Audio Conexant 141f) (Fixed with Multibeast Lion 4.6.1!!!! Voodoo 2.7.3 package works with this hardware Removed appleHDA first and rebooted)
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506E&SUBSYS_17AA6013&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506E&SUBSYS_17AA6013

-No USB 3.0 (Fixed with Multibeast Lion 4.6.1!!!! Just used the Nec/Renesas USB 3.0 reboot)

-No DVD-ROM (MAT****A_DVD-RAM_UJ8A7AS) looking for Kext
IDE\CdRomMAT****A_DVD-RAM_UJ8A7AS________________SB51____
IDE\MAT****A_DVD-RAM_UJ8A7AS________________SB51____
IDE\CdRomMAT****A_DVD-RAM_UJ8A7AS________________
MAT****A_DVD-RAM_UJ8A7AS________________SB51____
GenCdRom

-No Web Cam (looking for Kext)
Sonix Lenovo EasyCam
USB\VID_04F2&PID_B2B6&REV_6056&MI_00
USB\VID_04F2&PID_B2B6&MI_00

-No Wireless (We all know the 1030 is dead)
Not even gonna list Device ID

-No AMD Radeon 6470M (looking for Kext)
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_397617AA&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_397617AA
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&CC_0300

-No HDMI out Intel Display Audio (Fixed with Multibeast Lion 4.6.1!!!! The Voodoo 2.7.3 package did the trick. Had more success with Multibeast 4.6.1 over 5)
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_80860101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back