Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to debug?

Edit: Not that I really care that because bouncy keyboard is wacko. Chiclet? I just want something challenging w/ homework lol

Yes, if the keys generate PS2 scan codes. But you need to use ACPIBacklight.kext because it is the only kext that provides an override of the backlight functionality in the way OS X needs.

First you should determine what scan codes the keys generate, then make the mods to the Info.plist for VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext. See this wiki: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Use-Custom-Keyboard-Mapping

Funny about the bouncy keyboard. It was one of the reasons I returned my U310. That and the annoying fan.

OK here's the deal with using these alongside ikkoku's USB3 dsdt patch:

DSDT 6 series USB patch:
-USB3, USB2, facetime camera work. Sleep works fine.

DSDT 7 series USB patch:
-USB3, USB2, facetime camera work. Goes to sleep with lid closed, two seconds later reawakes itself.

Odd as I have an Ivy Bridge. Seems to work though :)

Also sleep take about 4 seconds to activate once lid closed.

Two questions:

Does anyone know how to change the serial number in smbios without using cameleon wizard? Like generate a new one? I'm using ikkoku's smbios but want to generate a new serial but cameleon wizard dousnt support mba5,1 apparently.

Also, how long do your guys's shutdowns take? Sometimes mineshuts down in 3 seconds, but other times takes like 24 seconds. It's random.

Does anyone know how to change the serial number in smbios without using cameleon wizard? Like generate a new one? I'm using ikkoku's smbios but want to generate a new serial but cameleon wizard dousnt support mba5,1 apparently.

You can use Champlist as well. Be careful though -- I find it is a bit quirky and changes your bootloader. Just re-install your bootloader after using it.

Also, how long do your guys's shutdowns take? Sometimes mineshuts down in 3 seconds, but other times takes like 24 seconds. It's random.

You can boot "-v" to get verbose shutdown (and verbose startup). There are known problems with 10.8 shutdown -- on real Macs too, so don't fret on it too much.

OK here's the deal with using these alongside ikkoku's USB3 dsdt patch:

DSDT 6 series USB patch:
-USB3, USB2, facetime camera work. Sleep works fine.

DSDT 7 series USB patch:
-USB3, USB2, facetime camera work. Goes to sleep with lid closed, two seconds later reawakes itself.

Odd as I have an Ivy Bridge. Seems to work though :)

Also sleep take about 4 seconds to activate once lid closed.

That is pretty interesting. Do you mean with 6-series you can't go to sleep with LID, or did you just omit that information?

What would be interesting to try would be to add properties not present in the 7-series patch but present in 6-series patch (fixing the problem). This would include "device-type", and "AAPL,clock-id". Or it could be properties present in the 7-series patch, not present in the 6-series (causing the problem). Those would include "subsystem-id" and "subsystem-vendor-id".

The way these injections are determined is to look at the ioreg dump from real Macs. I always thought it was interesting that device_type and AAPL,clock-id are not in a real MacBookPro8,1 ioreg and yet we traditionally inject these.

Looking at 8,1 and 9,2 ioreg I do also notice that built-in is not an empty buffer, but rather a buffer of one byte { 0x00 }, so I should probably change that.

I wonder whats causing your sleep issues because Im not having anything like that and I do think we share a motherboard. What are you using for wifi?

I wonder whats causing your sleep issues because Im not having anything like that and I do think we share a motherboard. What are you using for wifi?

A small realtek wifi USB dongle plugged into a USB3 port

That is pretty interesting. Do you mean with 6-series you can't go to sleep with LID, or did you just omit that information?

What would be interesting to try would be to add properties not present in the 7-series patch but present in 6-series patch (fixing the problem). This would include "device-type", and "AAPL,clock-id". Or it could be properties present in the 7-series patch, not present in the 6-series (causing the problem). Those would include "subsystem-id" and "subsystem-vendor-id".

The way these injections are determined is to look at the ioreg dump from real Macs. I always thought it was interesting that device_type and AAPL,clock-id are not in a real MacBookPro8,1 ioreg and yet we traditionally inject these.

Looking at 8,1 and 9,2 ioreg I do also notice that built-in is not an empty buffer, but rather a buffer of one byte { 0x00 }, so I should probably change that.

I wonder if the sleep issue has something to do with the touch screen being on the USB Bus.... Seems only I have the touch model here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back